Advanced search

recommendations for activities in suffolk please

(12 Posts)
lisalisa Wed 05-Jan-05 16:58:45

Message withdrawn

lisalisa Thu 06-Jan-05 11:08:53

Message withdrawn

catgirl Thu 06-Jan-05 11:14:57

I don't live in suffolk, but sounds like the place we are going to later this year so can you let me know what it is like?? Probably not what you are after but great fish & chips at Dunwich, can sit in or out, right next to a shingle beach, just follow signs for the car park.

crunchie Thu 06-Jan-05 11:15:30

Hello lisalisa, I am in Colchester, which is nearly suffolk, however I don't know Halesworth. I will check where it is first, then suggest stuff

crunchie Thu 06-Jan-05 11:23:41

OK Halesworth is near Southwold, a bit far for Colchester Zoo (best zoo in the country!!) Aldebrugh is pretty (great Fish and Chips) Check out Southwold too. I don't know of any indoor places as most of that area is pretty beaches etc. Norwich is a nice city I am sure there is loads to do there with kids too.

Lowryn Thu 06-Jan-05 12:04:50

How about this link

lisalisa Thu 06-Jan-05 12:53:05

Message withdrawn

Lowryn Thu 06-Jan-05 13:32:23

You're welcome, have fun!

csa Tue 11-Jan-05 14:10:26

hi lisalisa, have just spent a week over the new year in a cottage near halesworth. Southwold and Aldebrugh is definitely recommended. Southwold about 20 minutes drive and Aldebrugh is about 25 minutes drive. Framlingham Castle was a hit too. About 30 minutes drive. Not much indoors tho (except some very lovely family-friendly tea shops) but still worth a visit. If you are into walking, there is a good book called "Suffolk Walk with Children" by Cyril Francis (ISBN 185058771X) which has loads of good ideas - you should be able to get a copy from your local library. Hope you have lots of fun!

EmilyD Wed 12-Jan-05 08:59:22

Not sure where exactly you are but there are plenty of places listed here for that surrounding area with reviews :- here

lisalisa Wed 12-Jan-05 11:43:18

Message withdrawn

csa Wed 12-Jan-05 13:36:43

lisalisa, it's actually in this village called wissett just off halesworth. the cottage is called wood end. the owners are lovely and the cottage very clean and welcoming. oh, one more thing. there are quite a few farms around there which seems to advertise fresh produce (veg)if you didn't want to lug all your groceries along although we didn't actually go in as we had all the groceries already and may be worth double checking with the owners who will probably know the local farmers. also, there is a co-op in halesworth itself if you need to get your stuff. if you are into seafood, Aldebrugh sells fish right from the fishermen as they return from their morning catch on the beach.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: