Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever been to the Snowpark @Diggerland (Kent)??

(6 Posts)
MoHoHo2 Tue 21-Dec-04 17:07:19

Just wondered as was thinking of taking DS1 to practice before skiing in Feb?

See The SnowPark

MoHoHo2 Wed 22-Dec-04 14:52:42

Anyone?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 22-Dec-04 15:36:44

Wow! I haven't been, although we've been to the regular diggerland.

We're definately going to go, though! DS1 has been asking and asking for snow.

MoHoHo2 Wed 22-Dec-04 19:57:50

Yes - looks like fun I thought (although pricey!) but I thought it might get DS1 back into the idea of skiing b4 we get to Austria in Feb ....

NotQuiteCockney Wed 22-Dec-04 20:06:49

I've had the regular Diggerland experience, and found it interesting, but smelly, noisy and expensive. Oh, and the caf was horrid. At least they had picnic benches all around.

But DS1 absolutely loved it.

tigermoth Thu 23-Dec-04 07:57:22

We went last winter (March). As nqc says, Diggerland it not exactly picturesque (the Rochester one), even with the addition of snow.

There was a snow covered hill for toboggan runs and skiing practice and a piece of snow covered ground (about the size of a medium-sized front garden) for smaller children to play in. The snow was of the icy and slippery sort - not very soft or powdery - and there were plenty of puddles to fall into. Make sure your children are wearing waterproof boots and take plenty of warm and waterproof clothes to change into, and a towel or two.

I hope I am not painting too grim a picture. The boys found it fun, honest!!. The snow areas were, of course, extra cold, so that meant my sons wanted very frequent stops in the basic and souless cafe - as NQC says, that is not a place to warm the heart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now