Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in Brighton

(8 Posts)
piximon Wed 08-Dec-04 09:07:43

I'm going to Brighton for the day next Friday and wondered what there is to do there and baby friendly places to go.
I'll be taking my 3mth old and I'm trying to decide whether to bring my toddler (22mths) or if he'll get really bored.
Thanks,
piximon

RudolphCAM Wed 08-Dec-04 14:31:42

There's a children's fun area in the (free) brighton Museum that your toddler would like. The Museum entrance is in the Pavilion Gardens near the Royal Pavilion. The pier is always a hit but you might want reins! Also, walking on the lower promenade you will come across things for kiddies.(Try area below Grand Hotel)

Miriam2 Wed 08-Dec-04 14:36:23

The Sea Life centre by the Pier is fab if he's into that kind of thing

whitepixmas Wed 08-Dec-04 21:33:31

Oh Yes! kids of all ages are fascinated by the Sealife centre. They've even got a soft play area in the cafe if your toddler gets bored and needs to let off some steam. If the weather is ok there is a new(ish) play area on the seafront between the piers with sand and toddler-friendly climbing equipment as well as toilets and refreshments. The pier has good childrens' rides plus the ever-popular (in our family!) trampolines but although entry to the pier is free the rides can be a bit pricey.

I didn't know about the museum so I'll have to check that our myself!

whitepixmas Wed 08-Dec-04 21:34:36

Sorry, just realised the play area has already been mentioned.

woodpops Tue 14-Dec-04 16:31:31

Does the train still run on the beach at this time of year?? If so you could get the train down to the marina and watch all of the boats, there's also a 10 pin bowling alley at the marina. We 1st took ds bowling at 20 months and he loved pushing the balls down the kiddie thingie.

I love Brighton and have had many a good weekend there but haven't been since 1 was 7 months pgnt with my 1st. We keep saying we'll have to go with the kids but have never actually gotten there!!!

whitepixmas Wed 15-Dec-04 00:20:32

Sorry Volks railway is closed until easter 2005. If you still want to get to the Marina you can take the bus (check www.buses.co.uk).

piximon Tue 21-Dec-04 16:54:59

Thanks for all your suggestions.
We couldn't go in the end as we all came down with flu last week and are only just on the mend now.

But I have your suggestions noted so hopefully we'll make it there before too long...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now