Talk

Advanced search

Sunday brunch near Selfridges (London)?

(31 Posts)
mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 17:47:27

Any suggestions? Shops open at 12 so we need somewhere that opens 11 or earlier. Somewhere quite nice, rather than a cafe, would be good.

lennygrrl Sat 26-Jan-08 17:49:30

Message withdrawn

Thomcat Sat 26-Jan-08 17:53:27

There are palces to eat in Selfridges.
The mozzerala restaurant inn the middle of womens clothing is fab.

If not, just trying to think of the restaurant in st Christophers Place that's nice.

Thomcat Sat 26-Jan-08 17:56:40

Obika Mozzarella Bar
There’s a new way to re-fuel in women’s Superbrands, and it’s as sophisticated as the labels surrounding it. Obika is a new concept in eating that’s already causing quite a stir in Milan and Rome, and it centres around the mighty Mozzarella!

Designed to showcase all that’s light, natural and authentic about Italian food, Obika offers the famously creamy and fresh-tasting cheese in all it’s different guises, be it smoked, grilled, baked or on its own. It’s then served alongside salads, cold meats and salamis, vegetable ratatouilles and fish carpaccios.

Stop by for the oh-so-Italian tradition of early evening Aperetivo and sample small tastings of mozzarella and other Obika specialities alongside a glass of wine. And lo, with all that high fashion at arms reach, you may as well be in Milan’s Piazza del Duomo itself…

Women's Superbrands, Second Floor.

redadmiral Sat 26-Jan-08 17:58:22

Second Carluccio's for child friendly atmosphere and menus. Children's menu v good value.

Carmenere Sat 26-Jan-08 17:58:41

A bit further away but totally fab is Peter Gordons place on Marlebone Lane/High St (not sure)
Here
It is famous for brunch and really cool.

Carmenere Sat 26-Jan-08 17:59:11

I used to work in Carluccios in St Christophers Place and it is pretty good.

hoxtonchick Sat 26-Jan-08 18:00:32

carluccios in scp looked to be closed last week for a refit.... when are you going?

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:00:37

Fab, thanks. Carluccio's opens at 9, so that works. I think the food places in Selfridges don't open until the shop does so we were planning to maximise shopping time by eating first. Was looking for a while for somewhere open early on a Sunday - should have just come straight here, got an answer in five mins! Thanks v much. May try the moz bar for a quick pitstop later on.

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:00:40

Fab, thanks. Carluccio's opens at 9, so that works. I think the food places in Selfridges don't open until the shop does so we were planning to maximise shopping time by eating first. Was looking for a while for somewhere open early on a Sunday - should have just come straight here, got an answer in five mins! Thanks v much. May try the moz bar for a quick pitstop later on.

redadmiral Sat 26-Jan-08 18:04:16

OR, you are 10 mins walk from Marylebone High Street. There's a restaurant called Providores which does snacky things downstairs and meals upstairs. Pricey but very good food I believe - only been there once when it opened. Also, Valeries is a cafe, but very nice.

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:04:52

Cross posted. Am going tomorrow so will call C's at scp and see if they are open. Otherwise, any other suggestions? Think the place in Marylebone might be a bit far away, good as another option tho, thanks.

redadmiral Sat 26-Jan-08 18:05:48

Hello Carmenere. X-posted with you. I love Peter Gordon's cooking - just can't afford it.

Carmenere Sat 26-Jan-08 18:07:09

Oh me too Redadmiral, <pines for the good old, disposable income of pre-dd days>

Carmenere Sat 26-Jan-08 18:10:26

Actually looking at that website has made me resolve to go there again soon. Totally yummy.

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:18:38

Hmm, have been thinking that Providores looks rather good, might be worth the extra walk. Thanks for the recommendations.

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:18:39

Hmm, have been thinking that Providores looks rather good, might be worth the extra walk. Thanks for the recommendations.

hifi Sat 26-Jan-08 18:23:02

automat on albermarle st is fab.

hoxtonchick Sat 26-Jan-08 18:28:19

not very far at all to walk up to marylebone high st from selfridges.

redadmiral Sat 26-Jan-08 18:28:35

Ooh, just been reading the menus for the tapas bar downstairs. May see you there, mrschop grin...

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:31:32

I know, looks great. Am meant to be shopping for outfit for best friend's wedding so mustn't get too distracted by food!

redadmiral Sat 26-Jan-08 18:31:45

Are you taking children? We took three rowdy 3 year olds to Providores, which I thought was fine, but DP was a bit mortified. It is full of Marylebone High St types. Older children will be fine.

If you look on the a-z you can cut from SCP to Marylebone High St very quickly.

mrschop Sat 26-Jan-08 18:33:47

No, leaving my two at home, hence the search for somewhere nice! Am going with best friend to find outfit for her wedding.

redadmiral Sat 26-Jan-08 18:35:02

Good luck. There are some clothes shops on Marylebone High St, though all the stuff is probably in Selfridges too. (Whistles, Monsoon, Fenn Wright and Manson, Agnes b.) Don't know if they open any earlier.

dittany Sat 26-Jan-08 18:49:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now