Talk

Advanced search

Cafe Junior in Cardiff

(6 Posts)
Freddiecat Thu 18-Nov-04 21:13:55

Not really a "day" out but a great place to go.

It's a cafe in a converted church in Cardiff which caters specifically for children under 8. Big play area with lots of lovely (mainly wooden) toys. Nice sofas, good coffees and food. Out of school hours they charge £1.50 per walking-8 yr old child for entry - unlimited time.

DS never wants to leave.

Website is www.cafejunior.com

pinkmamma Tue 21-Dec-04 14:04:20

It looks great. We should be moving to Cardiff within the next few months and I shall be looking for ways to amuse DS(aged2)so I will definately try it out. Thanks for the tip

mullgedwine Tue 21-Dec-04 14:16:32

Yes, i take my twins there, and it is fab. Expensive, but fab. really recommend.

merglemergle Wed 22-Dec-04 16:59:27

Yes, another recommendation. It IS pricey but if you go during the week, have a cheap coffee and nothing for the little one then it can work out not much more expensive than a P+T group. At least thats how I justify it

Only cricitism is that some parents (I'm sure no MNers!) go in, sit down with a magaxine or whatever, and leave their kids to smash and grab their way through the toys and if a smaller child is holding the toy-they go for the child. Of course, you get that anywhere but it seems really bad there, I think maybe because parents see it as somewhere for them to take time off. Also the toys are REALLY nice-all wooden stuff and mini sports cars. We went a lot when it first opened but now quite occasionally-ds actually needs a lot more supervision there than at home, otherwise he'd never get to play with anything!

jofeb04 Fri 24-Dec-04 10:26:59

where abouts in cardiff is this cafe?!! Im from cardiff origionally, now in the valleys, but it would be good to know!!

SantaClausfrau Fri 24-Dec-04 11:08:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now