Talk

Advanced search

anyone done Santa grotto at Painshill Park and what age is it suitable for? Are there long queues even if you book in advance?

(9 Posts)
wheelsonthebus Tue 02-Oct-07 14:36:04

any tips anyone?

funnypeculiar Tue 02-Oct-07 16:18:06

we missed out last year - but friends who went said santa himself was disapointing (bit grumpy and obviously a bit sick of excited kids!) & they weren't wowed by the grotto (esp given the price)
We'll be going back to Bocketts smile

policywonk Tue 02-Oct-07 16:20:00

Is Bocketts good then? (Sorry for hijack)

Kewcumber Tue 02-Oct-07 16:22:01

do Bocketts do a Xmas thing then?

mrsmerton Tue 02-Oct-07 16:24:06

Havent been to Painshill for a couple of years ;I remember a long wait but the grotto was pretty with candles. Santa's 'boat' (a sunken rowing boat in a peat bog) wasn't up to much. Won't be going again.

The Santa at Kew gardens was good, free to see him (have to pay to get into gardens) and well organised. Plus real reindeer!!

Kewcumber Tue 02-Oct-07 16:25:20

how could I have forgotten Kew Grdens - doh!!!

funnypeculiar Tue 02-Oct-07 19:16:48

Kew sounds lovely smile

Bocketts Christmas thing is fine - although not drop-off-your-chair.
You ride on the tractor with some elves into a bit behind where the cafe is (I think) and shout out a password. You go in through straw bales passages and sit in a room on straw bale seats. What made it the year we went was a truely outstanding santa grin - quite young but v.v good with the kids, spent lots of time talking to us as a group, then had each child up individually.
Plus it's free if you don't actually want a gift (ds was only 2 and we reckoned he wouldn't care

<stingy git emoticon>

annh Fri 05-Oct-07 19:17:08

It's a couple of years since we went to Painshill but the boys enjoyed it at the time. I ono't remember it being very crowded or the wait being very long. You could get a tractor ride but we walked up to the grotto and there was a tent where we waited. They have colouring in and some other stuff for kids, some giant games and a balloon modeller when we were there. There was also tea and coffee available. Santa was very jolly (course, it's probably a different one now or even several per season) so if it's still the same would recommend it. Bocketts Farm sounds fun though ...

MaryBleedinShelley Fri 05-Oct-07 19:18:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now