Talk

Advanced search

Days Out in Lake District in October with 5yo

(12 Posts)
KristinaM Thu 14-Oct-04 23:16:57

We will be spending a week in the Lake District in October with a baby and a 5 year old. Any suggestions, please, for good, child friendly activities?

KristinaM Thu 14-Oct-04 23:37:18

Anyone?

JoolsToo Thu 14-Oct-04 23:45:45

Haverthwaite steam railway is good for kids (if they like trains) there's an aquarium at Lakeside and Fellfoot Farm near Newby Bridge - I think they're all still open in October.

It's beautiful in the Lakes in Autumn the colours are magical - hope you have a nice time.

JanH Thu 14-Oct-04 23:47:52

Have a look at the links on here , Kristina. The Quiet Site belongs to a mumsnet dad!

Also Brockhole and TizzieWizzie - Brockhole usually has organised family activities at weekends and school holidays.

The World of Beatrix Potter

South Lakes Wild Animal Park

Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway

JanH Thu 14-Oct-04 23:52:30

And here is the Lake District National Park Authority website

(Lots of links for events and activities)

JoolsToo Fri 15-Oct-04 00:16:02

and here Go Lakes

Skate Fri 15-Oct-04 00:22:31

If you get a crap wet day, there's a soft play in Ambleside - sorry not sure of the name of the place - it's a large restaurant/cafe with a soft play area that's quite good. Think it might be Piano Bar or something to do with a Piano anyway!

JoolsToo Fri 15-Oct-04 00:23:56

what you still doing up - thought you had 3 ds's?

Skate Fri 15-Oct-04 00:25:20

Been out with the girls and just got back so thought I'd have a quick peek on here before bed.

Gonna regret it tomorrow as got a work meeting in the afternoon by which time I'll be truly wilting!

Off to bed now!

marthamoo Fri 15-Oct-04 07:18:04

We went to the Lakes in the Summer and I posted here before we went and got loads of suggestions from lovely MNers! I printed off the thread and took it with us. Hope you have as good a time as we did.

KristinaM Fri 15-Oct-04 12:06:24

Thank you all so much - i have printed off your old thread as you suggested martha as well as these suggestions.There are so many tourist attactions in the Lakes - its hard to know which ones will be suitable (and value for money )for a 5yo. As always, MNers are such a resource

tora1975 Tue 04-Jan-05 14:03:36

Went To Keswick with our 2 year old and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots to see and do.

Can recommend lunch at The Honey Pot Restaurant and Tea Room in Pack Horse Court.

They are very family friendly provided high chairs and crayons without having to ask. Nappy disposal bags are even available without charge!!!

The food was also great even to the extent of giving every child a free vimto lolly pop on their departure.

Will definately be paying them a visit again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now