Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is the food like at Legoland?

(12 Posts)
mumtoone Mon 17-Sep-07 17:05:45

We're taking ds to legoland on Friday and I'm wondering whether to take lunch or buy it there. My experience of places like this is usually high prices for rubbish food. Views??

LIZS Mon 17-Sep-07 17:07:44

More varied than you might expect (pasta, potatoes, hot meals) but fairly standard fast food . We've used the baguette stall and had decent meal deals, split one between the kids !

cornsilk Mon 17-Sep-07 17:08:52

Not too bad. Take drinks tho'.

CorrieDale Mon 17-Sep-07 17:12:26

I seem to recall it figured relatively badly in the Soil Association report but has at least introduced a healthy eating option.

Theresa Mon 17-Sep-07 20:42:06

We went last Easter and had read numerous reports on here about incredibly bad food. We were pleasantly surprised, yes it was expensive and much of what was on offer was 'the usual fayre' but we went to the 'castle' bit and had jacket potatoes whihc were quite nice. I'd say it was no better or worse than any other 'theme' park type place

nannynick Sun 23-Sep-07 22:51:35

I had a vegetable entillata (or whatever it's called) - mixture of veg and spicy sauce wrapped in a tortilla, covered in cheese, with spicy rice - when I visited Legoland on Friday. I liked it, though wasn't low cost.

For children, the kids meals are quite good value. They vary between the restaurants. Big Restaurant has Fish Fingers, Chips and Peas as one of the options. Pasta Patch does pasta with sauce - though this season I have found the sauce selection isn't ideal... think a basic cheese sauce, or tomato would be good, rather than more fancy things.

Kids meals have Milk / Water options, so you can avoid fizzy drinks. Kids meals this season also come with an apple.

krabbiepatty Sun 23-Sep-07 22:54:51

I thought the food was grim. We went to the Pasta Patch where the sauce was like glue. "Yuggy" as DD would say

purpleduck Sun 23-Sep-07 23:46:38

we always picnic. I just wanted to join in because we went today and had a lovely day!! Hardly any queing (20 mins for the new viking ride!) yay! grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Earlybird Mon 24-Sep-07 01:56:56

We went to the 'castle' also, and had roast chicken, salad and jacket potatoes. We sat on the terrace, and it was very pleasant. Don't remember about the price - but suppose I would have remembered if it had been outrageous.

FabulousKbear Mon 24-Sep-07 07:53:34

Take a packed lunch. We went last week and took our own lunch (which you can eat while you're queuing!). Bought drinks there (£1.50 for bottle of coke 500ml, £1.75 for water, coffee £2.00).

anorak Mon 24-Sep-07 08:02:00

I've been twice this summer and thought the food was quite good and yes, it's dearer than it would be at home but of course it would be, I didn't think it outrageous. What I did like was that there were plenty of different options to choose from and plenty of outlets so the queues were not long. The food was reasonable quality I thought and there were healthy choices available. Also plenty of picnic areas, seats etc.

Particularly liked the ice creams in the ice cream parlour adjoining the block where you can build things out of lego yourself. It was delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now