Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Go Ape

(3 Posts)
figroll Thu 13-Sep-07 09:18:35

Hi

Just wanted to recommend Go Ape to everyone. I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but my 2 dds absolutely loved it. We did the one at Buxton in Derbyshire, and apart from me being absolutely petrified, the kids thought it was the best thing ever. It is so refreshing to find an activity that is really challenging for older kids. Although I think it is most challenging for adults - the kids seemed happy to run round it and particularly enjoyed the "extreme" activities.

The zip wires were the longest I have ever seen.

Go, but don't go if you are frightened of heights.

littlelapin Thu 13-Sep-07 09:23:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

roisin Sat 15-Sep-07 21:47:32

DS1 did it this summer - he's just 10. It is really challenging though, and if taking younger children (10 is the minimum), do make sure they are confident, and tell them they can drop out at any time if they've had enough!

We didn't actually see it at the time, and we popped up this afternoon to have a look at what he actually did shock shock shock

Definitely don't go if you are scared of heights! I'm phobic - I know it's not logical, but I would just freeze with fear. Watching (complete strangers) this afternoon I actually felt physically sick, and when we finished walking round I had to go and sit down quietly for about 20 mins to calm down and get my heart-rate under control.

It is seriously exciting!

If you're expecting something like the high ropes course at Center Parcs, don't. It's not like that at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now