Talk

Advanced search

Bank Holiday Monday (27 August) - Anyone Got Any Ideas On Places To Visit In The Morning? (Surrey/Berkshire/Hampshire area)

(9 Posts)
nannynick Sun 26-Aug-07 17:31:50

Hi all,

I am looking for inspiration for places to visit tomorrow morning with a 5 year old I care for. We have our regular haunts... but as it is a Bank Holiday weekend, I wondered if there were any special events on in the area. Anyone spotted any events advertised in your local paper? Anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Sun 26-Aug-07 17:33:58

Polesdon Lacey is good, it has a great hill for rolling down.

policywonk Sun 26-Aug-07 17:36:55

obham Bus Museum is having a 1950s day.

Seeing this written down, it looks ever-so-slightly lame... but that's where DP and the children are getting packed off to. grin

policywonk Sun 26-Aug-07 17:37:22

Sorry - Cobham.

SpawnChorus Sun 26-Aug-07 17:40:57

Look Out Discovery Centre in Bracknell is GREAT. It's a science centre - v good fun, and perfect for a 5 year old. It's surrounded by woodland, so you can go for a walk too.

look out

nannynick Sun 26-Aug-07 18:04:13

We have been to a Cobham bus event in the past, at the MOD Chertsey site. Riding on the buses was liked, but stactic display of buses was not.

Lookout Discovery is a regular haunt, so done that to death a bit... though always somewhere to go when all else fails.

Some of our regular haunts are:
Coral Reef, Lookout Discovery, Legoland, Alice Holt Forest, Fort Nelson, Marwell Zoo, Watercress Line, Local Railway Exhibitions, local softplay (which I don't like much, as it is boring for me!) such as Jakes, Little Angels, Wizy World etc.

Hadn't thought about National Trust places... good thinking, won't risk going inside though - but certainly Polesdon Lacey has some nice walks in the grounds and surrounding area. Thinking of that, a walk in the country does well - but alas in our local area footpaths are closed at present, due to F&M disease control.

More suggestions most welcome.

nannynick Sun 26-Aug-07 18:28:15

Has anyone been to Rudgewick Steam & Country Fair before? www.rudgwicksteamshow.co.uk

Looks like it could be interesting... he likes tractors!

nannynick Sun 26-Aug-07 20:02:58

Problem solved... 5 year old says he want's Animals - so we are off to Marwell Zoo tomorrow.

mother3 Mon 27-Aug-07 10:23:32

had a great day out at longleat SAFARI PARK..its along way from london.but we were lucky 2 have the weather.took a assortment of ages kids.(family kids etc) but they all loved it.JUst 2 much 2 do there.It was so funny in the maze.Couldnt find our way out.(grin)we lsft that till near the end just in case it took longer than we thought.GREAT DAY.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now