Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Legoland: Anyone tried the new Viking Falls Ride Yet?

(17 Posts)
ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 19:24:24

Trying to find out if there are any height restrictions on it (nothing on legoland website that i can see)

And most importantly - do you get soaked???

whoops Mon 20-Aug-07 19:26:58

We went the weekend before last and it wasn't open

hazel1975 Mon 20-Aug-07 19:32:45

we went this weekend and it wasnt open
maybe it was the bad weather that has put them behind schedule. Looks as though they have more then a couple of weeks work ahead of them.
Was very impressed we never had to queue more then 15 mins for anything!

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 19:33:58

It was supposed to open on Saturday (att long last)

Thought i'd go this week (have annual passes) but don't want to hype it up if my DC are too short. And need to know if a grandparent has to come along too.

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 19:35:08

So it wasn't open? I'll ring and see whats happening I think.

LIZS Mon 20-Aug-07 19:37:32

Wasn't it supposed to be opened last Tuesday 14th ?

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 19:52:11

There was ad in the middle of coronation street saying ride is now open [confused]

LIZS Mon 20-Aug-07 19:59:24

website implies it opened on Saturday

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 21:37:54

teensy bump in case anyone has been

JodieG1 Tue 21-Aug-07 08:24:33

We went on Friday and Saturday and the queues were huge. On Friday we had to wait an hour and a half for the big rollercoster. On the Sat we got there for when it opened and there were lots of people there as well. 15 mins queues from for some rides within being there for 30 mins and when we left at lunchtime there were big queues again for everything, skyride was 35 min wait for example as well as the driving school ride. One of the park workers told me on Sat that the new part was open but we didn't get around to it. Most rides we went on did have restrictions, most of them you had to be accompanied by an adult unless you're over 1.3M.

ladygrinningsoul Tue 21-Aug-07 12:58:34

Chippy, I think it says on the park map they give you at the gate that the height restriction is 90cm (and probably 1.3m to go on it without an adult). The boats take about 4 people. Unfortunately I don't have a current park map here to check.

ladygrinningsoul Tue 21-Aug-07 19:03:46

Found the current park map in the car - it IS 90cm (and 1.3m for unaccompanied), HTH.

ChippyMinton Wed 22-Aug-07 08:45:43

Brilliant, thanks for that, we can all go <whoops delightedly>

debbiewebweb Wed 22-Aug-07 16:55:57

When did you go Hazel1975 - and how did you manage to avoid the queues as it sounds like jodieGI didn't. Am taking dd's 5 and 2 this week for our first time and would like to avoid as many queues as possible

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 09:00:59

Went yesterday. Huge queue because of technical problems it's not running at full capacity. Minimum height was 1.00m (signs up and staff patrolling the queue to advise people of this, so don't know if it's a permanent restriction). So only DS1 and FIL got to ride. They said it was great but very wet, and were pleased to be wearing plastic ponchos grin.

Getyourownjuice Mon 03-Sep-07 23:53:30

Hi

We went yesterday (sunday) the viking ride was open but not at full capacity - they said that instead of 8 they have to ride only 6 per car which was lengthening the wait time. I challenged that this was bullcrap as half the boats went down with 2 or 3 people in them. They should be more concerned with making sure that the boat is full of 6 it would have halved the q time, which incidentally was 90 minutes yesterday!

It was wicked though - we got soaked and I havent laughed as much in ages. Wicked.

ChippyMinton Fri 07-Sep-07 07:20:31

Did they not fast-track groups of 2 to the front to fill up the empty places? They did that when we were there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now