Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Places to go in / around Leeds

(5 Posts)
KitandAdamsmum Thu 16-Aug-07 21:28:06

Hi there

I wonder if anyone from the Leeds area can help?

We live in Hampshire and are planning a trip to meet a group of friends in Leeds in early December. We have a 3 year old and a baby, but none of these friends have young children. So we are looking for a place to meet where our son can keep occupied and enjoy himself, while 6-10 adults can sit in comfort and chat.

Ideally indoors (or wet weather friendly) and free or at least not too expensive.

I have looked at a few places on the internet but I have no idea what they are really like.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks.

manicmama Fri 17-Aug-07 11:53:54

I'm not local but have found this softplay place, this Wacky Warehouse and there is also Tropical World

Also, you could try Mumsnet Local.

letsnot Sun 19-Aug-07 19:00:05

Hi -not sure if you want to travel a bit, bu know Time Machine in Harrogate has new owners and is supposed to be nice for adults to sit and chat over coffee when children play - nice cafe area and good, clean soft play area

Yorkiegirl Sun 19-Aug-07 19:11:32

Message withdrawn

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 21-Aug-07 22:25:54

Abbey House Museum in Kirkstall is great. I doesn't cost much to get in and there are various areas with comfy seating and kiddy activities (arts/crafts and dressing up) as well as a really nice coffee shop. We spent a whole afternoon there with our five year old DS and he wasn't bored at all.

There's also a huge park and the ruined abbey itself over the other side of the road from the museum and quite a nice kids play area next to the museum car park...although not sure about December!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now