Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

List of places with good adventure playgrounds.

(33 Posts)

After reading the other thread about the good playground at Bowood House I was wondering can we have a thread with recommendations for really good adventure playground type places?

I would like to receommend Belton House near Grantham (National Trust) and Monkey World in Dorset as 2 of the best I've seen.

Any more?

Frizbe Thu 09-Aug-07 20:29:47

Chatsworth in Derbyshire, agree about Belton House too!

Doodledootoo Thu 09-Aug-07 20:31:24

Message withdrawn

Doodledootoo Thu 09-Aug-07 20:32:07

Message withdrawn

Chatsworth annoys me though - it costs so much to go in the gardens and then its extra (a lot) to go in the farm and playground.

charmkin Thu 09-Aug-07 20:36:24

wellington country park nr hartley whitney
robin hill ( iow)
groombridge place in kent
bokers farm park in guildford

rnbsmum Thu 09-Aug-07 20:40:49

Moors Valley Park near Ringwood (just outside Bournemouth). Has one of these high wire type courses for adults and older kids as well as a great trail and adventure stuff for younger kids.

Donk Thu 09-Aug-07 20:42:12

Harewood House, nr Leeds

caterpiller Thu 09-Aug-07 20:43:10

The Diana Memorial playground in Hyde Park.

Doodledootoo Thu 09-Aug-07 21:22:01

Message withdrawn

ladygrinningsoul Thu 09-Aug-07 22:52:00

Wilton House near Salisbury

madamez Thu 09-Aug-07 22:57:41

Horton Park Childrens Farm near Epsom - £5.95 per kid, £1 per accompanying adult and optional extra 80p for the indoor Playbarn. There are about 6 different playgrounds in there with climby things, swing-on things, slides, mazes, a Bounce Pillow - and there are farm animals to look at (and stroke in the cases of the bunnies) and you can have a ride on a tractor.

I thought the food was a bit rubbish, though it was cheap, so if you are fussy (or your DCs have allergies or anything) you might want to take a picnic.

EscapeFrom Thu 09-Aug-07 22:58:25

Twinlakes in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire

harpsichordcarrier Thu 09-Aug-07 22:59:16

longleat
Bowood House
both Wilts

Doodledootoo Thu 09-Aug-07 22:59:17

Message withdrawn

StarryStarryNight Thu 09-Aug-07 23:00:56

The London Wetland Centre (Queen Elizabeth Walk in Barnes) has a fab new adventure playground! They also have picnic areas, child meals and decent meals in the cafe, indoor activities for rainy days, and this is in addition to the actual wetland centre with its meandering paths through beautifully laid out pond areas through parkland with birds.

cat64 Thu 09-Aug-07 23:02:05

Message withdrawn

Laura032004 Sun 19-Aug-07 14:56:00

Trevarno Gardens in Cornwall is good for ages 3-10. Not been to any of the others though to compare.

granarybeck Sun 19-Aug-07 16:18:45

Knebworth is great, fantatic slides and fort adventure playground

prufrock Sun 19-Aug-07 16:43:28

Wimpole Hall nr Cambridge - Lovely farm, excellent (if expensive) cafe, picnic area, with toddler - 6ish play area right outside so you can drink coffee and watch kids. Then further out in the woods an excellent adventure playground with some equipment that my 3 year old can manage and a course around teh outside that even I find challenging! And a huge National Trust property to keep Grandparents happy

barbamama Sun 19-Aug-07 16:47:45

Leeds Castle has a good one

sandyballs Sun 19-Aug-07 16:49:35

Agree with Monkey World playground is fab. Also the River Dart Country Park, near Newton Abbot, Devon.

Godstone Farm is lovely in Surrey. Sister farm to Horton.

Eddas Sun 19-Aug-07 16:58:51

I also say Leeds Castle

DemobCod Sun 19-Aug-07 16:59:20

wilton house

Littlefish Sun 19-Aug-07 17:09:34

Waddesdon Manor, near Aylesbury. It's a National Trust House, so if you're not a member, it's about £5.00 for the car park I think. It has a fantastic adventure play area, tucked into a wooded slope. The restaurant is also great.

The website says this:

Children's Woodland Playground
The woodland playground is now open, Wednesday to Sunday, 10.00 to 5.00, and offers far more to our young visitors than before. We have opened up a large wooded area, previously unused, which winds through an adventurous trail encouraging children to test their dexterity as they swing, slide, balance and climb their way down the slope, exploring and discovering playthings both natural and man-made in the landscape. At the foot of the slope, next to the Stables, will be a space dedicated to younger children, who can play safe in the knowledge that their families are within sight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now