Talk

Advanced search

WEST MIDLAND SAFARI & LEISURE PARK

(8 Posts)
devil Sat 04-Aug-07 17:00:52

Has anyone been,what did you think?
Going next saturday.

LilRedWG Sat 04-Aug-07 17:17:54

Been twice so far this year! (You get a free return trip.)

It's a good day out. Allow about 1.5 - 2hrs to drive around the animal enclosure (it's busiest between 11am and 3pm). You can feed some animals out of the window of your car and if you save any food, there're goats you can feed in the main area of the park too, but they do jump up you!

Rides are fairly expensive (£5 bought one children's rolercoaster ride and one helterskelter ride) but wristbands are available if you'll be on lots of rides.

Food is average - burgers, chips, pizza.

I'd say a good day out!

TwoToTango Sat 04-Aug-07 17:30:03

How busy does it get during the school hols? We went past once a couple of years ago and there were cars queuing for ages to get it?

LilRedWG Mon 06-Aug-07 10:21:11

Our second trip was last Tuesday. It was busy but only two or three cars in front of us when we arrived at 11.45am.

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 06-Aug-07 22:50:12

I was just about to start a thread on this, and then noticed this one!

Is it any good for an 18 month old? Can't imagine she'll want to sit in the car for the safari part, and guess she won't be able to see all that much out of the window anyway, so what else is there for this age group?

LilRedWG Tue 07-Aug-07 09:06:40

DD is almost 15 months and tbh she enjoys sitting watching all the other people, and a helium ballon in the shape of a butterfly made her day But, I wouldn't have taken her on her own. She went because I was taking my 12 year old neice. In the main area there are sealions, goats (which you can feed), the reptile house and a few other things that DD enjoyed.

HTH.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 08-Aug-07 21:14:04

Thanks LRWG. We went today anyway, as my mum (who we were going with) seemed quite disappointed when I was being a bit negative.

We let dd sit on my mum's lap for the safari part, and did it last, so dd did get to see stuff and enjoy it.

She also good a good wander around the seaquarium, the reptile house, saw the sealion show, the hippos, the goats and a few other bits.

All in all a better day than I'd been expecting.

devil Sun 12-Aug-07 23:42:16

We went Saturday and had a great time,it took 2hours to get to see animals.As very hot animals ie*Tigers,Lions laying down which was a shame.So best to go soon as opens or when it cools down.
Rides good fun,well worth buying wrist band.
my son 4and half got to go on most of the rides but small children not allowed on any rides.
I think it is a fab day out with lots to do and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now