Talk

Advanced search

Urgent question about how long it takes to drive from London to west mersea

(7 Posts)
hercules1 Wed 01-Aug-07 11:53:45

anyone???

Twinkie1 Wed 01-Aug-07 11:56:32

Is that Mersea Island Way?

We live a junction before that and it takes me just over an hour to drive from Sidcup to Kelvedon where we live.

Hope that helps.

Suppose it depends where in London you are.

It is about 35 - 40 minutes once you get on the M25.

hercules1 Wed 01-Aug-07 11:59:29

THank. I am travelling from croydon area and we are going with people from Barking area too. I've never been there- what's it like?

witchandchips Wed 01-Aug-07 12:05:03

Its about 15 mins drive from colchester (so just under an hour from the where the M25 meets the A12.

Most of the town is a bit boring (lots of 30s semis) but the quayside is great and the country side is beautiful. Go to the company shed (fish shop which has tables where you can eat the shelfish and drink your own wine). The Beach (especially going towards east mersea) is lovely

hercules1 Wed 01-Aug-07 12:06:10

thanks

Twinkie1 Wed 01-Aug-07 12:06:20

My XILs have a caravan there so we don't gobut good for kids - XH takes DD there and they love it.

I would say add how long it takes to get to Bromley from Croyden and then add 1.5 to 2 hours just to be on the safe side.

There si a seafood shack on the beach you must visit though - ahve to take own booze but the seafood is lovely. If you see 2 oldies and a younger man who look mean spirited and nasty give them apoke with your fork as probably my XH & ILs!

hercules1 Wed 01-Aug-07 12:07:15

Will gladly poke them with fork

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now