Talk

Advanced search

weymouth area. anybody got any recommendation?

(13 Posts)
elasticsortinghandstand Sun 29-Jul-07 10:13:48

never been before...
dc aged 7,10 and 12

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 29-Jul-07 10:21:23

Watching with interest.......if anyone can suggest something that will keep a 15 year old grump free ( apart from packing the X-box ) I'd be most grateful.

When are you going elastic?

elasticsortinghandstand Sun 29-Jul-07 10:23:28

oh, not til 1st week september
you?

elasticsortinghandstand Sun 29-Jul-07 10:28:30

oops, just searched weymouth and there is lots..
my dd is monkey mad so monkey world is a MUST

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 29-Jul-07 10:31:34

Next Friday. dd has a PGL weekend booked so we have a few days just with The Grump (bless) then dd will be back with us. He'll be less miserable with company; even if it is his little sister.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 29-Jul-07 10:32:15

I so hope it doesn't rain so much!

elasticsortinghandstand Sun 29-Jul-07 10:34:02

you never know, he might surprise you

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 29-Jul-07 10:36:30

Hmm - yes - he might be miserable all week

Pesha Sun 29-Jul-07 10:38:35

Sea life centre in weymouth although its not great tbh. Theres a few things in Dorchester - theres a dinosaur place we're going to for first time next week so will let you know what its like if you want, theres tutankhamun (sp?) museum, teddy bear summat or other! Monkey world in wareham isnt too far and theres a tank musuem there too i think. Maiden castle at dorchester although its an iron age fort so just a bunch of hills!! I was very disappointed as a child when there was no actual castle there but still good fun. Abbotsbury has the swannery and theres a farm thing there.

But my dc are younger than yours so not sure how suitable it all is. Its all on internet though I think if you bwant to have a look.

For 15 year olds...ummm...arcades? KFC? Sorry my oldest is not quite 7 so my only knowledge of what 15yos like is what I did as a 15yo and dont think I would recommend that!!

Imawurzel Sun 29-Jul-07 10:41:05

You can come to my house have a cuppa and look out front window at the roman ampitheatre, which is just a circle hill with grass on it now.

Pesha Sun 29-Jul-07 10:41:05

Sorry took ages writing that as bfing ds2 and having to fight off ds1 as he wants to play on cbeebies website!

MrsWeasley Sun 29-Jul-07 10:57:13

sealife is nice and not very big! My dc loved the rock pool where they were allowed to hold crabs!

There is a swimming pool in the town if it rains too much!

The Beach is lovely take a football or a cricket set and others will soon join in

Monkey World is ok if you like Monkeys after you've seen one or two its a bit of a trek walking around. (when we went it was hot and all the monkeys were laying in the shade and doing nothing the keepers went around with food to try to make them more active but it wasnt very exciting tbh) They do have a good adventure playground.

you can go on boat rides from the harbour but even if you dont fancy that its nice to walk around the harbour area.

The Nothe Fort is worth a visit.

There is a dinosaur museum in Dorchester!

Timewalk and Brewers Quay

Also a car ride or bus trip away is the lighthouse at portland. Check the height of your LO's though as they have to be a certain height to climb up it

science discovery centre looks good

We visit Weymouth often but never visit everything. As long as its not raining the kids just want to be on the beach!

The tourist infomation centre is right on the fround (near the toilets and the ice creams

HTH)

elasticsortinghandstand Sun 29-Jul-07 12:57:28

thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now