Talk

Advanced search

Child friendly places to eat in CHICHESTER area?

(11 Posts)
Tommy Sat 28-Jul-07 12:01:23

does anyone have any recommendations? We've just found out that friends from Canada are in the area tomorrow.

Pubs/restaurants/anything really !

TIA

HonoriaGlossop Sat 28-Jul-07 12:47:19

We go to the cathedral cafe! I don't think they do particular children's menus, and it's not cordon bleu, just a cafe; but the food is good quality, the room is very big and they've got a couple of big tables to seat 8 ish I would think. Also have a lovely garden area and it's a lovely place for visitors to see.

My ds is four and loves it there.

there's also a pizza express in South Street if that's more your thing.

FluffyMummy123 Sat 28-Jul-07 12:50:07

Message withdrawn

Tommy Sat 28-Jul-07 12:53:21

thanks - that's worth knowing. We do that in Winchester! Any pubs around the countryside nearby that might be good?

DSs don't eat anything anyway so I may end up taking a picnic for them which they could probably eat in a pub garden but not in a pub! Although, it will probably be raining anyway...

FluffyMummy123 Sat 28-Jul-07 12:53:24

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Sat 28-Jul-07 12:53:44

Message withdrawn

HonoriaGlossop Sat 28-Jul-07 13:04:06

Head out towards Singleton, signposted from Chi, there's a lovely village with a nice country pub there and it's only a few minutes drive from the town centre.

Also IF it happens to be a nice day the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum is there which is fabulous for a picnic and loads of space for the kids to run about.....tis damn expensive to get in tho. I think worth it though if you are going to be there a while.

FluffyMummy123 Sat 28-Jul-07 13:18:30

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Sat 28-Jul-07 13:25:12

Message withdrawn

Tommy Sat 28-Jul-07 14:02:00

thanks for all those

Tommy Sun 29-Jul-07 20:15:17

went to a lovely pub called the Spotted Cow. Great food, children's size portions of anything on menu, really friendly staff and little garden with swings etc.

The puddings for children were ice creams in little cow pots which they could take home.

Highly recommended!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: