Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Warwick Castle - low down please? And anywhere I can get a discount?

(24 Posts)
hockeypuck Fri 27-Jul-07 21:50:09

Thinking of going to see Warwick Castle in a couple of weeks, day tripping it from Cardiff.

What is good there?

Is there anywhere I can get discounted entry, there will be 2 adults a 4 year old and a 1 year old.

PellMell Fri 27-Jul-07 22:01:03

I have a voucher you can have for one free entry (adult I believe) just need to be accompanied by another full paying adult.
We have several of these vouchers from woolworths.
If you want it it's yours.

esc Sat 28-Jul-07 00:04:27

Hi Hockeypuck. Warwick castle is a fab day out. Entry is expensive, so if you can get discounted tickets, it makes it very worth while.

Loads going on thro' the summer - check the website for details: http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/events/events_programme.asp

3yo DS loves it. Falconry is mesmerising for the youngsters as you can get right up close...even sometimes feeding them! Clambering round the spiral stairs and ramparts is always fun. There's a Tussauds waxworks and huge, huge gardens. Bet your 4yo will be fascinated by the peacocks! Trebuchet display is good for all ages and a real spectacle with very OTT buildup. I think the daily jousting tournament is off due to the weather, but may be back again if we get a bit more sun in the next 2 weeks. Archery is still on and good entertainment. Watermill and engine house worth a look too.

Yep - we're fans!

1yo will be free and if you are lucky 4 yo too (officially child price from 4). Lots of the current Sainsburys swipe to win cards offer 2 for 1 entry if you get lucky. There's an offer on the website for combined ticket with Birmingham Sealife Centre.

If you are after other things to do in the area, look up http://www.IdeasForTheKids.co.uk

Hope this helps and have fun!

Furball Sat 28-Jul-07 07:57:41

I would take a picnic - Food is quite poor and expensive

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 28-Jul-07 08:19:10

If you have clubcard vouchers, I believe that these can be exchanged for days out tokens which you can use to pay for entry.

FluffyMummy123 Sat 28-Jul-07 08:19:48

Message withdrawn

mustrunmore Sat 28-Jul-07 08:28:19

I love Warwick Castle Been millions of times, as it costs us nothing. They have great costumed actors wandering round; ds1 loved the jester helping him do plate spinning! And the dragon, which he wouldnt stop hugging You can do archery, for an extra payment, obviously (as is the haunted tower these days).
You do need to keeep abandoning the buggy if you have one, for the stairs, but then again you need it for naps and carrying the picnic round.
The queues/costs are by no means as long/expensive s other attractions, but its well worth geting dvance tickets to skip the queues!

mustrunmore Sat 28-Jul-07 08:28:19

Message withdrawn

mustrunmore Sat 28-Jul-07 08:28:20

Message withdrawn

mustrunmore Sat 28-Jul-07 08:28:45

Sorry, that was ds2 triple posting!

hockeypuck Sat 28-Jul-07 10:06:40

Thanks for the advice girls. It sounds great!

PellMell - please can I have that voucher, it's very kind of you. I can email you my address or send you a stamp or something.

My email is:

maple underscore leafs underscore fan at hotmail dot co dot uk

Thanks very much, it'll save us £16!

Don't think we can sneak DD in as under 4, she is the height of an average 7 year old! EEK! and is telling everyone in the world that she'll be 5 next month!

UniSarah Sat 28-Jul-07 21:59:09

i have 2 of " 2 for 1 voucher" for warick castle if any one want one, shout and we can swap e-mail addys.

PellMell Sat 28-Jul-07 22:04:41

I have just sent you an email.I'm glad to pass it on and hope you enjoy your day out.

roisin Sat 28-Jul-07 22:15:12

I love Warwick Castle. We last went when dss were 2 and 4; they dressed up as Knights Templar for the day and had a whale of a time

PellMell Sat 28-Jul-07 23:00:31

I have just had a mailer deamon message saying mailbox unavailable!
Am I maybe typing it wrong? is undercore this one _ ?

cat64 Sat 28-Jul-07 23:43:14

Message withdrawn

PellMell Sun 29-Jul-07 08:13:36

It should have reached you now

hockeypuck Sun 29-Jul-07 09:04:07

Thanks for all the advice and offers. I now have a 2 for 1 entrance ticket token and will go in the next couple of weeks.

Cat64 that they charge you to park as well as the extortionate fee to go in!!!! makes Longleat's passport look very good value indeed. How much is parking if anyone remembers?

cat64 Mon 30-Jul-07 23:39:58

Message withdrawn

forsale Tue 31-Jul-07 00:03:17

parking is expensive best idea to park at st nicholas park opposite which is also great as paddling pool, small funfair thing, chess, drafts, boats etc. get there early though.

hockeypuck Tue 31-Jul-07 09:43:46

ooh thanks for that inside info. I'll head to St. Nicholas Park

forsale Wed 01-Aug-07 09:49:29

actually i do know of secret parking not too far from castle but darent post it here - it would mean awalk over the bridge though ;)

totaleclipse Wed 01-Aug-07 09:58:09

I used to go to the school just around the corner from Warwick Castle, guess where our school trip was every term.......................it got boring after a while, but I used to love the haunted room, and all the peacocks.

totaleclipse Wed 01-Aug-07 10:03:34

Forsale, omg, memories!!! I forgot about that park, it was great, they should have one in every town, I spent many hours on the Helter Skelter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now