Talk

Advanced search

Day out for toddler in Huddersfield area? Pref animal related!

(6 Posts)
sparkymummy Sat 21-Jul-07 17:26:52

Need somewhere to go next Saturday to meet a load of non-mum friends with my 13 month old son. They are happy to do whatever we want but I have never been to the area before. Was hoping to find an open farm type of thing as he loves animals and enjoys stroking them!

VickyA Sat 21-Jul-07 18:18:51

I'll preface this by saying my geography's a bit crap... but how far is Cannon Hall farm from you/where you're visiting in Huddersfield? They've got loads of animals and a great play area too, and a cafe and shop selling lovely organic stuff and meat from the farm. Their website's here : Cannon Hall
Otherwise there's a Huddersfield and area meet-up group on Mumsnet - if you search their postings there might be some other ideas...
Hope this helps - have a good time!

bozza Sat 21-Jul-07 18:32:20

Cannon Hall is a good farm to visit. There is also Ponderosa at Heckmondwike. You could google that. But I think Cannon Hall would be better because there is the farm shop etc that would be of interest to your friends. There is also the Hall itself next door and gardens/parkland. But it might cost quite a lot for a lot of adults to go in.

sparkymummy Sun 22-Jul-07 12:59:00

They both look great, thanks! Will suggest them both and see which hey will prefer as DS will love either!

MaeBee Mon 23-Jul-07 16:52:17

try posting on the leeds local site?

granarybeck Mon 23-Jul-07 17:03:27

Would def recommend Cannon hall farm, lots to do, and really good adventure playpark. The surrounding parkland is nice for sitting/walking in for non-mum friends

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: