Talk

Advanced search

your favourite leisure centre with swimming pool

(5 Posts)
mummypig Fri 13-Jul-07 20:59:05

Can anyone recommend a really wonderful leisure centre or swimming pool place to base our summer holiday around?
Preferably in England as we will be driving from just outside London.

I have left it rather late to book our summer holiday. I really wanted to go to either Centerparcs or a cottage complex with a pool, but the last remaining places at cp are now rather expensive and the cottages are all booked up for the week dp has leave. So I am wondering about booking a normal cottage near to a wonderful leisure centre and just taking the kids there every day to go swimming and have a great time. Any recommendations welcomed. Near the coast would make it extra special but is not essential.

glitterati Fri 13-Jul-07 23:04:14

We spent a week near Romsey - just north of the new forest. Romsey Rapids is a fun swimming pool with flumes and slides.
Not as big as centre parks but still fun.
You're also close to Avon Beach which is lovely and if you get there before 10 you can snag a parking space right on the beach which is fab for all those bootloads of kit you need!

incy Mon 16-Jul-07 16:06:56

yes, romsey rapids and stay in the new forest.

Sherbert37 Mon 16-Jul-07 16:10:30

We went to Splashdown at Poole last year. Slides and more slides (no 'real' swimming pool). Loads to do on the beach there and round abouts. My dcs love swimming on holiday more than anything too and they are nearly all teenagers.

mummypig Tue 17-Jul-07 20:56:18

hi have only just rather belatedly checked your answers, thanks v much I shall be checking out cottages near Romsey or Poole

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now