Talk

Advanced search

Legoland. What do you have to pay for on top of your ticket?

(39 Posts)
Pixel Tue 10-Jul-07 19:41:08

We have been lucky enough to win 4 tickets to Legoland. The children are very excited as we've never been able to afford to go before. Dh has just come home and said that someone has told him that there are a lot of things to pay for once you get in there. Surely they just meant food and stuff from the gift shop, rather than rides? I expected that the rides would be included in the cost of the tickets (they are expensive IMO!) but now dh has put doubt in my mind. Do I need to start saving .

gegs73 Tue 10-Jul-07 19:48:43

DS1 LOVES Legoland. Your children will love it! It is brilliant As long as you take a packed lunch and plenty of drinks you will not have to pay anymore money once you are in there. Everything is free apart from a climbing wall and some remote control boats from memory. I have never spent any extra money apart from on food which was my choice. Excellent you won tickets have a good time.

LeafTurner Tue 10-Jul-07 19:50:17

No - just food and gifts - you are right ! plenty of places to have a picnic though and loads of people do ! the food isn't terrific and the restuarants are always very busy - so if you have fussy kids or are on a strict budget I'd take a picnic !

You don't have to go in the shops either - i have never been in one and we have an annual pass !

Have fun !

PestoMonster Tue 10-Jul-07 19:50:39

If your dcs do the driving school, you do have to pay to get their 'driving licences'. Not a huge amount, but it might add up if you've got a lot of dcs.

cece Tue 10-Jul-07 19:51:39

I agree with gegs - take a packed lunch and drinks. Apart from food and drinks I have never paid extra for anything in Legoland - although I think there are a couple of things as gegs says. However, there is sooooo much to do you should get away with not apying for them. Lucky you.

LeafTurner Tue 10-Jul-07 19:52:57

Only if you want a photo driving licence Pesto - we always say no to the photo and they give them an unphoto'ed one anyway ! We stuck a passport one on dd's at home and she was happy as Larry !

CalifrauniusFudge Tue 10-Jul-07 19:57:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeafTurner Tue 10-Jul-07 19:59:03

No parking is free unless you want to go in the nearest car-park - priority parking ! We got a annual ticket for that for £10 I think - but if you get there nice and eraly you are only talking about a few minutes walk to the entrance anyway !

Sobernow Tue 10-Jul-07 20:04:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Tue 10-Jul-07 20:05:02

Commemorative driving licence and ride photos, model boats, food /drink.

ladygrinningsoul Tue 10-Jul-07 21:04:37

Bungee trampoline is extra as well, but please don't worry, there are so amny things to do there that are included in the admission price, you will have a fantastic time. Enjoy!

Pixel Tue 10-Jul-07 22:26:44

Wow! thanks for all the lovely replies . I must admit I'm relieved as I don't want to be a scrooge when the dcs are so excited but I know how these things add up. I didn't want to be broke for the rest of the summer holidays!

Hulababy Tue 10-Jul-07 22:28:56

We didn't pay for anything (other than food) extra when we went.

LIZS Wed 11-Jul-07 08:49:28

and of course there's the merchandising but you can avoid the shops or there was a discount bit at the bottom of the park last time we went.

bozzaNatasha Wed 11-Jul-07 08:54:31

It cost us £20 for sandwiches and drinks for a family of 4. So the food is very expensive. If you are on a tight budget I would be tempted to take a packed lunch and then maybe spend your money on an ice-cream. Other than that obviously there is the gift shop, although my children refused to buy any actual lego. DS bought a bionicles sword/mask/shield and DD bought a click-its lip balm watch thing.

LIZS Wed 11-Jul-07 08:56:59

if oyu get a kids meal type thing , even a baguette meal which was about £3.50 iirc( baguette, fruit, drink and crisps), they include a "free" toy like a keyring or small game

bozza Wed 11-Jul-07 10:24:45

Yes we got the meal deal things but the drink which they included were fizzy and my two don't do fizzy so DH and I ended up with them and I had to buy them a capri-sun each. Then they got a little jigsaw puzzle that you had to colour in yourself.

Pixel Wed 11-Jul-07 23:27:43

Right then! Packed lunches I would have done anyway because it is difficult to find anything that ds will actually eat. I'm assuming we will be able to park fairly near the entrance as ds has a blue badge, so all I've got to do is remember to steer dd away from the gift shops and I'm all set!

Now I've just got to find my way there without getting lost.....

fussymummy Wed 11-Jul-07 23:51:20

Where are you coming from?
We've been quite few times and bought annual passes.
I saved up tesco clubcard vouchers to buy them!
My kids would go every weekend if we let them!
They love it there and so much to do as well.
Just make sure you take tons of drinks as they're really expensive.
I freeze big bottles of diluted squash and by the time we want them they're ready to drink and still cold.
Have great day.

fussymummy Wed 11-Jul-07 23:52:44

Forgot to say, make sure you have comfortable footwear as you'll be doing lots of walking.

Also, if its a hot day, pack kids swimwear and towels as there's a wet play area.

Pixel Thu 12-Jul-07 10:46:12

Ooh now that is a good tip! Ds won't really go on many of the rides (he tries to jump off, no sense of danger) but he does love water. Fingers crossed for good weather. We are coming from Hove (well, just outside) and last time we went to Windsor to visit some friends we took a wrong turning on the way back and ended up somewhere in the middle of London! I won't be trusting in dh's mapreadind skills this time .

cerys Thu 12-Jul-07 10:57:04

Pixel - if the weather isn't sunny the kids still want to go in the water area! We took wet weather clothes and wellies and they had a great time, even though it was October and cold!

There is another thread somewhere where many of us posted about our children wetting themselves at Legoland - hope this doesn't happen to your family (or take spare clothes)

janinlondon Thu 12-Jul-07 11:15:56

There are lockers up by the entrance area where you can leave your picnic or whatever if you don't want to lug it around - just send DH up the hill to retrieve it when you need it!

Oblomov Thu 12-Jul-07 11:29:22

WE never spent any extra. We didn't go into the shops. Seemed safer.

Oblomov Thu 12-Jul-07 11:31:19

We are going , in 2 weeks, with my sil, who got hers from tesco.. Ds(3.5) is too excited already.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: