Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone booked to see a childrens' show during the summer holidays?

(4 Posts)
collision Fri 06-Jul-07 19:20:58

I dont want to go to the West End and see a hugely expensive show but was wondering if there are any little kiddie shows around.

popmum Fri 06-Jul-07 19:39:16

we're seeing mr men in broxbourne (north of london). where are you?

SpareWheel Sun 08-Jul-07 19:34:43

We went to see Justin's picnic at the Tower and it was utter crap . If you missed it, consider yourself lucky - we felt cheated.

£20 EACH (i.e. £60 for me, DW and DD) for the worst seats on a green space c. 70 yards from the stage and all it was was literally no more than a few chumps (or possibly the same person) taking turns on stage in Pingu, Angelina Ballerina, Barney and Underground Ernie costumes just dancing to music for just over an hour and THAT'S ALL . No activity and no involvement except for singing and dancing along to the single character on a distant stage, no freebies, nothing for the parents at all and a presenter on stage with Pingu who looked like a heroin addict. Awful. Surprised JF was willing to lend his name to such a shambolic mess.

My sister saw the Tweenies live with her two kids and said it was great. Shame it's not on in London, but it might be somewhere near you.

collisionfrances Mon 09-Jul-07 16:25:59

You should have complained and got your money back.

We went to see Rainbow and it was crap too!

complained and got £17 back for tickets for something else.

I am in Bracknell and surprised that none of the theatres have shows on over the summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now