Talk

Advanced search

Day out in West or South Yorkshire accessible by public transport?

(10 Posts)
LittleMissedTheSunshine Tue 07-Aug-18 16:41:33

I was due to go to a theme park with a friend next week but my car has died, and it's only accessible by road with no buses going there.

The kids are disappointed, so I'm looking for recommendations for somewhere to go for the day that I can get to on public transport.

My kids are boy (7) girl (5) and my friend has a 3 year old and a baby.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go out for the day around the leeds/sheffield/doncaster areas that is accessible by public transport, I'll be coming from Manchester so ideally somewhere near a town or city that I can get the train to.

legolimb Tue 07-Aug-18 16:45:52

Leeds has a lot on over the summer.

On he city centre you can also go to Leeds City Museum and the Royal Armouries. Both free entry .

Tropical World is lovely for younger children too but I'm unsure about public transport.

Cheeseaddict1 Tue 07-Aug-18 17:05:19

Yorkshire Wildlife Park is a great day out and accessible by public transport

https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/plan-your-visit/how-to-get-here/

KnickersOnOnesHead Tue 07-Aug-18 17:07:09

There's Gullivers Kingdom in Matlock if you're willing to travel that bit further.

DunesOfSand Tue 07-Aug-18 17:11:12

Much further north, but should be on the direct transpennine train- York train museum.

Florp Tue 07-Aug-18 17:15:19

Eureka Musuem in Halifax is right next to the railway station

www.eureka.org.uk

The Piece Hall is a stone's throw away as well, if you're looking for something to eat.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 08-Aug-18 09:16:26

You'll find this really useful, especially the bit further down about trips via train. tripswithatot.com/family-walks/100-days-out-without-a-car/

Beamur Wed 08-Aug-18 09:19:45

I'd second Eureka, good for all the ages you have, lots of interactive stuff too. If weather is good, there's a nice space outside as well. Very close to the station and direct trains from Manchester.

sandgrown Wed 08-Aug-18 09:22:24

As well as Eureka Shibden Park in Halifax is nice to make a day of it

LittleMissedTheSunshine Sat 11-Aug-18 17:08:56

Thanks for the suggestions..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: