Talk

Advanced search

Days out with a 3 yo daughter?

(5 Posts)
pamelastone Tue 07-Nov-17 21:29:29

Hello lovely ladies,

Am looking for recommendations to travel over a weekend with my 3 yo daughter. Just myself and my daughter within England. Any suggestions for place to visit?

TIA!!
Pamela

Caulk Tue 07-Nov-17 23:03:01

Where (roughly) in England and what time of yea?

2014newme Wed 08-Nov-17 12:35:49

Center parcs
Brighton
Oxford
London
York
Newcastle
Bristol
All Good for things to do with a three year old

Ricekrispie22 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:53:04

Milton Keynes.
Woburn safari park one day and Gulliver's Land the other.
The safari park has 2 safaris in fact: one by car (park and take the train for this if you want) and one by foot which allows you to walk through some enclosures. Lots of animal encounters and feedings, as well as some inspiring playgrounds (indoors and out). Included in the admission price you are free to drive through the park as many times as you wish so if the kids miss something the first time round. Handy as the lions appear to be more active in the afternoon, meaning you can always come back to take more spectacular photos. We were really impressed by the sea lion show that was entertaining, educational and it was evident that the sea lions, like the rest of the animals, are treated really well. There's a new 3d cinema and we found that the restaurant does not overcharge!
Gulliver's Land is for children aged 2-13 and has over 70 rides and shows. It's very affordable and has some great picnic spots and good value eateries. My kids were captivated by the bright, colourful characters and enchanting, fantasy themes. One of the best things about Gulliver's Land is that unlike other theme parks, children can go on all the rides as there are no minimum height restrictions. The queues are relatively short too. There is a great indoor play area for children to explore in complete safety.
We stayed at The Old Stables guest house in their family ensuite. It's a bed and breakfast but we liked the fact that there is a well equipped kitchen and dining area for using if you don't fancy eating out. Only 5 mins from Woburn safari park. It also has a good sized garden for running around.

snackarella Wed 08-Nov-17 21:45:44

Paultons Park is good for that age x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now