Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stoke-on-Trent on a November Sunday morning?

(7 Posts)
JustAnotherManicUsername Tue 03-Oct-17 20:52:25

Any suggestions (apart from Water World which we'll have done the previous day)? DC are 11 and 9. The tripadvisor reviews of The Potteries Museum and World of Wedgewood make it sound as if they are better for younger kids - mine are so over dressing up and following treasure trails, sadly. They're not averse to museums though, so one of those might be a possibility. I like the idea of doing something distinctively of the region. They love Staffs oatcakes - the Oatcake Boat looks fantastic but I can't see how you work out where they'll be on a particular day.

Or any other suggestions?

AlexanderHamilton Tue 03-Oct-17 20:56:09

Trentham? You can either pay to go into the gardens or monkey farm or go shopping at the shopping village.

JustAnotherManicUsername Tue 03-Oct-17 21:05:36

Thanks. Gardens seems a bit risky in November but if we do get a nice day that could be good. Not sure about a monkey farm and the kids are definitely not into shopping (give it a few more years). But I shouldn't rule out gardens - I also saw Biddulph Grange is nearby and looks lovely.

AlexanderHamilton Tue 03-Oct-17 22:45:18

I've never actually been to Biddulph grange though I lived in Biddulph for a short while. It's supposed to be lovely.

YouInTheMoonlight Tue 03-Oct-17 23:44:37

Bridgemere?

MissRainbowBrite Tue 10-Oct-17 11:57:45

Flip Out trampoline park or the ski centre would be good for that age if you only have a couple of hours to fill.

EverybodyKeepCool Tue 10-Oct-17 12:04:42

Middleport Pottery, home of Burleigh and the pottery throwdown, is open on a Sunday. There's usually something going on or you can just have a wander around. The pottery throwdown items were on display, including the turtle toilet. Emma Bridgewater is also open although mumsnetters may be banned after all the bargain mugs being purchased on the Christmas thread grin You can paint a pot, have a nose round the garden, have tea and cake/breakfast etc, do some Christmas shopping in the shop. Gladstone museum is also pretty good for a mooch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now