Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yikes...Clever ways to book Harry Potter Studio Tour (in 2017)?

(7 Posts)
MrsMacNally Wed 27-Sep-17 20:00:17

DS has just announced he wants to scrap his birthday party plans and take a friend to the Harry Potter Studios instead. Sounded just about do-able until I looked into tickets - I can't see a free weekend slot in 2017 shock.

Does anyones know of a clever way around this that doesn't involve sickies or throwing lots more money at the problem- ?

Do any of the third party agents block book and then flog of tickets they can't sell as part of an accommodation package at the last minute etc etc?

Any advice would be gratefully received....

2014newme Fri 29-Sep-17 08:44:34

We're going in 2 weeks for dd bday I booked 6 months in advance.
Are there any half term or inset days you coud do? Inset days vary so that may be a good option
Otherwise would he be happy to have his birthday treat the next available weekend?
Or forget it for this year and do it next year?

LIZS Fri 29-Sep-17 08:50:21

You just need to keep trying, ideally first thing in the morning. They do release more and tours will give back underbooked tickets.

MrsMacNally Fri 29-Sep-17 15:05:22

Thanks both. The news they release unsold tickets is a glimmer of hope!

claraschu Fri 29-Sep-17 15:14:17

They release a few tickets 6 days in advance, I think. I called them up and talked to them about what to do. I think they told me what time to book, but don't remember, maybe at about 6 am? If you look on the website early in the morning you might figure out the pattern, or you could phone and talk to a live person.

MrsMacNally Mon 09-Oct-17 16:22:14

You are brilliant. Followed your advice and tickets are now booked for birthday itself. smile Thank you so much.

claraschu Mon 09-Oct-17 18:27:23

That's great! I hope you have a wonderful time, and I'm sure you will, as it is fantastic!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now