Talk

Advanced search

Are Crystal Palace & Battersea Parks worth a journey? What London Parks would you recommend?

(12 Posts)
Judgydog Wed 31-May-17 17:54:11

I live to the of NW London but always like to try somewhere new. Crystal Palace & Battersea Parks sound nice. Would they be worth a 1.5 hour journey for a day out? Also considering Hampstead Heath which is a bit closer. What London parks do you like?

We've done & enjoyed:
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Holland Park
Hyde Park, esp the Diana playground
Greenwich Park

Also, Coram' s Fields was ok but wouldn't make a special journey.

Would love your recommendations.

smile

2014newme Wed 31-May-17 19:26:17

I wouldn't make a 3 hour round trip for either of those parks, no.
Both good parks but not worth such a journey.

Booksandcrocheting Wed 31-May-17 19:30:37

Horniman museum park is v nice.

Cheesecake53 Wed 31-May-17 19:33:54

I think Highgate Wood is amazing.

TestTubeTeen Wed 31-May-17 19:38:59

Depends on the ages of your kids. Crystal Palace has the dinosaurs, a small farm with animals, a maze and a boating lake. It is a lovely park. The Overground line goes there.

Judgydog Sat 03-Jun-17 07:37:28

We have been to The Horniman (similar length journey to CP/Battersea). Agree it's lovely.

SvartePetter Sat 03-Jun-17 07:46:59

Wouldn't travel for crystal palace park, but my kids love the horniman! If you can get there mostly on the overground then there is a nice train journey as well.

CroakingCrocus Sat 03-Jun-17 07:51:58

Have you done Stoke Newington? Abney Park Cemetery and Clissold Park are both on Church Street. Clissold Park has an excellent playground.

Also Brockwell Park in Brixton/Horne Hill is good. Has a splash park and good playground as well as a lido.

AntagonyAunt Sat 03-Jun-17 08:03:40

Battersea Park has lots of things to do and isn't very far from nw london.

SquirmOfEels Sat 03-Jun-17 08:07:22

Battersea Park is worth it if you book to go to Go Ape, or go to see the animals. Also there are banana bikes to hire and pedalos on the lake. So it's not en exciting destination park, but you'd have enough to make it worth a journey for a change.

Crystal Palace has the dinosaurs, and worth going if something takes you that way, but I wouldn't go for the sake of it.

likeababyelephant Sat 03-Jun-17 08:15:48

Batterses is definitely worth it. I would also recommend Holland Park.

citykat Mon 05-Jun-17 19:34:34

Battersea has good crazy golf too. And decent cafe. CP dinosaurs good but cafe tired as is playground. South of river the brockwell park playground is best. Lido, cafe. But am sure there are ones as good in NW or central

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now