Talk

Advanced search

Restaurant recommendation for 16th birthday in London

(13 Posts)
franksidebottom Tue 16-May-17 16:52:48

Can anyone recommend a restaurant to take dd1 for her 16th birthday in Central London, it's just the two of us as we are spending the day in London and leaving the younger dds with Dp, budget is open really. She can be fussy food wise but burgers, pizza, Chinese and indian are fine, there is so much choice that I am struggling to pin something down. Maybe somewhere with a view or something a bit funky?

StealingYourWiFi Tue 16-May-17 16:57:25

Good Earth Knightsbridge is a beautiful Chinese restaurant. Also check out the restaurants in the Heron tower for view.

franksidebottom Tue 16-May-17 17:28:01

Brilliant I shall check those out, thankyou. Lots more recommendations would be great as not sure what part of London we will be in.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 16-May-17 17:29:44

Is Hard Rock Cafe too cheesy?

ohcomeonnow Tue 16-May-17 17:35:50

Duck and Waffle is in the Heron Tower and is open 24H. Afternoon tea at Sketch is great and very good for Instagram. Pizza Union and Homeslice are both amazing pizza places, there are a few dotted around London.

franksidebottom Tue 16-May-17 17:55:10

Thanks everyone, this is great, i shall be googling them all, please keep them coming... We are going to Hard Rock Cafe for her family birthday meal, so no definitely not too cheesy, but looking for something else just for the two of us

Chelsea26 Tue 16-May-17 17:56:36

Sky garden?

Mair1234 Wed 17-May-17 10:24:57

Buona sera in Chelsea is a bit different. They've got tree-house style tables that you have to climb up a ladder to get in to! It's an Italian restaurant. Or Inamo in Soho is one of my other favourites - they've got interactive menus on the tables that you can also play games on and send messages to each other on. There's also a chef cam so that you can see all the action in the kitchen!

millsbynight Wed 17-May-17 10:28:33

I second Sketch actually. Very funky for a 16 year old - egg style/futuristic loos and really pretty pink restaurant for afternoon tea.

Otherwise somewhere in the Heron Tower or The Shard, or the Sky Garden for nice views of London.

Have fun!

claraschu Wed 17-May-17 10:33:08

Sushi Samba

franksidebottom Wed 17-May-17 10:35:00

Thanks everyone, again any more suggestions will be most appreciated, I have a checked a few of these out and they look great, trying to decide will be a problem!

2014newme Thu 25-May-17 18:25:53

Kensington roof gardens is lovely and good value

franksidebottom Thu 25-May-17 18:50:13

Yes it does look lovely, I'll check out what the food is like

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now