Talk

Advanced search

Peppa pig world/paultons park

(13 Posts)
Moondancer146 Mon 15-May-17 17:39:37

Wanting to take DD 3 and looking for some advice.
Where's best to stay nearby?
How long do we need in the park to see and do everything?
What else is there in the area that DD might enjoy?

Watto1 Mon 15-May-17 17:43:40

There's a premier Inn very close. Allow a whole day. The Peppa Pig bit can get busy so if you can avoid school holidays and weekends, I would! The rest of the park has plenty of rides for little ones too. I'd take a picnic as the food isn't great and is of the burgers/nuggets variety. My kids loved Paultons Park/Peppa Pig world when they were little!

Lollyb86 Mon 15-May-17 18:07:52

We had a great time there last week with DD 3.5 we did the two days for price of one with hotel stay nearby and paid around £145 for the 3 of us. The rides were good and the rest of Paultons Park including the gardens eye were lovely. Definitely worth a visit. We went on a weekday and it was not too crowded.

Lollyb86 Mon 15-May-17 18:08:55

Forgot to add we stayed at Holiday Inn Express which is about 5 miles away and included in the deal was a good overnight atop with breakfast and a fantastic family pub just over the road where we had dinner

Moondancer146 Mon 15-May-17 19:20:33

I was thinking about doing the two days for the price of one, is there enough to do over two days? What's the holiday inn like? We've stayed in one near Alton towers and it wasn't that great but as long as beds are comfy and food is decent we'd be happy

Lollyb86 Mon 15-May-17 21:12:07

It's definitely worth doing the 2 days. There's lots to do and see especially for Little ones. Also lots of play areas and soft play.
The holiday inn was really nice, comfortable and the breakfast was good.

Mallowmarshmallow Mon 15-May-17 21:21:10

We are going on Friday and was coming on to ask just the same. We have booked the Eastleigh holiday inn which has fairly good reviews and two days. I can fill you in when we get back.

Mallowmarshmallow Mon 15-May-17 21:21:36

(We have a 3.5 and a 1.5 year old)....

MegBusset Mon 15-May-17 21:27:34

One day is plenty for PPW. Sandy Balls is a great place to stay.

There's loads to do in the area :

Lepe Country Park
Exbury Gardens
New Forest Museum in Lyndhurst
Moors Valley
Kingston Lacy NT
Mottisfont NT
Bolderwood deer sanctuary
New Forest reptile centre
Lots of walks, tea shops, cute ponies and donkeys

4yoniD Mon 15-May-17 21:31:32

Don't forget kids bathers/towel - there are 2 splash type places - a peppa pig "muddy puddles" and a larger one with squirty things and such like. Def enough to do 2 days if the weather is nice enough to include them!

TeenAndTween Mon 15-May-17 21:35:46

Megs list isn't bad but she has missed one really good place, Longdown Activity Farm. You get to bottle feed baby goats etc. Much more fun for a 3yo than some of the other suggestions. (Marwell Zoo is good too and only 30min from PP.)

2 days for the price of 1 sounds fab. If you don't want to go back on the second day you don't need to!

There are lockers so if you take a picnic or swimming things for the muddy puddles or the larger water park on the other side you can store them, or you can pop back to the car park to collect.

How tall is your 3yo? You do know under 1m is free don't you?

Moondancer146 Tue 16-May-17 17:57:05

Mallowmarshmallow would love to hear what it's like when you get back smile thanks
The activity farm sounds great, off to google it and a few of the other places.
No chance of DD getting in for free sadly, she's not 3 until next week and already 104cm
Nice to know about the lockers, much better than carrying swimming things around all day. Think my plan now is to do 2 days but maybe stay a day longer to do a couple of other things too

Skisunsnow Wed 17-May-17 07:05:35

We've just been. Did a 2 day break through paultons and stayed at the holiday inn nearby (about 6 miles away) for £20 more than the tickets would have been. We did the 2 day park tickets and definitely needed it. DS (4) and DD (2) loved it. Booked a travelodge for the 2nd night and then ventured into the new forest for a woodland walk and visited the new forest wildlife park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now