Talk

Advanced search

Cheap ideas for May half-term please

(12 Posts)
elizaR3 Tue 09-May-17 14:40:41

We live in Hampshire, so happy to travel a bit, but really need to save the budget for ice-creams! any ideas of something fun and vaguely educational i.e. not interested in Legoland or any of those sort of attractions. it would be good to be outside, so fun picnic spots, trails, that sort of thing. the kids are 10 and 12. Thanks! smile

elizaR3 Wed 10-May-17 10:19:03

have I uploaded this to the wrong place as I don't have any answers? please help - thanks

Mair1234 Tue 16-May-17 09:49:56

Have you looked on the LittleBird website for ideas? They've got heaps of savings and ideas for family days out and ways to save money on things to do with the kids. Worth a look! Half Term can get pricey otherwise! www.littlebird.co.uk

elizaR3 Tue 16-May-17 12:08:41

thanks Mair1234, that's really helpful - I'll take a look.

imsorryiasked Sat 20-May-17 18:02:04

Check out your local wildlife reserves / rspb etc they often run free events in school holidays.

mamabluestar Sun 21-May-17 11:32:50

Have a look on your local area on the Primary Times website, they usually have a lot of information about what's on.

I've started following family blogs local to where I live for ideas too. Sorry I cant point you in the right direct as I'm in the NE, but as a starting point maybe search for key words of your area on Facebook or bloglovin

BlueChampagne Thu 25-May-17 13:21:19

Have you posted on MN local?

National Trust usually have stuff on, but it's only cheap if you're already a member.

herecomesthsun Sun 28-May-17 14:27:28

The Romans are invading Old Sarum castle. Other English Heritage stuff also (kids go free if you are a member)

Avebury Sun 28-May-17 20:55:41

The Look Out in Bracknell is fun

AirBiscuitEater Sun 28-May-17 21:00:35

Have a little look at the treasure trails website they have lots of clue solving trails all over the uk. For a few £ you can download a trail near you. It's great fun and you get to know a little bit more about the area smile

<realises that reads like an ad blush>

elizaR3 Mon 05-Jun-17 13:03:54

thanks for all the advice. I was looking for cheap and vaguely educational things - and the best thing we did (apart from going camping) was to download a free app and take part in the Great British Bee Count - it's still on until 30th June and the kids (and me - and even my husband) found it very addictive! I saw it on Springwatch - www.foe.co.uk/bee-count?origin=d7

elizaR3 Wed 28-Jun-17 23:48:48

any advice for Wimbledon please? Haven't been for years. Not sure whether to book an afternoon tea hamper or go to the Wingfield for tea? Do you know how long it takes to queue to get in please? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now