Talk

Advanced search

car parking at Kew Gardens, get there really early?

(7 Posts)
megletthesecond Fri 05-May-17 14:28:35

From what I understand there's limited parking at Kew and only spaces for people who arrive early.

Anyone been and parked there lately? Ideally I'd like to go on a Sunday.

DD is planning her Blue Peter dragon design so we're going for inspiration and hopefully a civilised day out hmm.

mashpot Fri 05-May-17 14:30:23

On Sunday you can park free in some of the surrounding roads. Otherwise, yes be early

TheFaerieQueene Fri 05-May-17 14:32:48

The only parking I know about is along the Kew Road and some of the side streets - although a lot of the area is residents parking. You might be better parking in Richmond and walking/getting the 65 bus (which comes every 4-5 minutes). There is a big car park opposite Richmond swimming pool

megletthesecond Fri 05-May-17 14:51:37

Thanks. I'll do some research on Richmond car parks and make a plan.

2014newme Tue 16-May-17 11:21:13

Yes we got there about 15 mins before it opened and parked ok.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 16-May-17 11:25:03

There's a car park by Richmond station. You can walk from there to Lion gate or a bit further to the main gate. If you don't want to walk just get 65 bus from across the road from the station.

You can try parking outside or side streets first but if not head there. Sometimes they come up and other days it's choca

WitchesGlove Sun 21-May-17 10:11:21

Park at Kew retail park (its free) and walk- not that far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now