Talk

Advanced search

Big Birthday day out - Littlehampton?

(5 Posts)
lilyfire Tue 04-Apr-17 08:43:42

My mil has a big birthday this weekend. We have house guests and they'll be 5 adults and 5 children and we thought we'd like to do a day trip somewhere not too far away (hopefully within 90 mins drive). She loves the seaside. She's not very mobile, but can walk shortish distances. We live near Croydon. I haven't been to Littlehampton since I was a child, but wondered if anyone could please tell me if it would be a suitable place for a day trip. Really want sandy beach - and some things to look at/do - nice shops/tea room/mini golf type stuff - when beach gets chilly. Any other ideas?

BigGreenOlives Tue 04-Apr-17 08:46:04

The East Beach Cafe (designed by Thomas Heatherwick) is lovely but you might be too late to book. The beach is only sandy at low tide on the east side of the river, there is another cafe on the West side but it is more snacky- that side has the dunes.

lilyfire Tue 04-Apr-17 08:53:16

Will check out the East Beach Cafe - many thanks.

putdownyourphone Tue 04-Apr-17 08:56:50

It's also very close to arundel too which is a lovely town if you want to pop somewhere afterwards - castle, lots of tea rooms and farm shops

lilyfire Tue 04-Apr-17 09:12:35

Thanks- I did see it was near Arundel and have only ever driven through it and thought it looked lovely and must go back some time. That might work as a combination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now