Talk

Advanced search

Days out with a toddler? Inspiration please!

(5 Posts)
CurlyWurlyC Wed 29-Mar-17 17:36:46

I'm expecting DS2 this summer so going to be making the most of the last few months it just being me & DS1 by going on mammy-son dates. We always do at least one "date" a week as it is (usually the park or the zoo) but want to spend as much time out doing fun things just the two of us. I'm having a planned C sec so I'll be out of action physically for a few weeks after the birth so want to have as much fun as possible now!

We're making a to do list of all the things we want to do 😊

We live right near the boarder for north wales and England so have a lot to go at!

Anything from little free days to big days all suggestions more than welcome especially obvious ones cos they're the ones I usually forget!

He's 2 by the way

Xx

Eclecticmama Wed 29-Mar-17 21:29:25

what a lovely idea.

Why don't you plan an easter egg hunt, you can get little plastic easter eggs to fill with whatever if you don't fancy giving chocolate.
Otherwise there are museums, library dates, cooking, collecting bit of sticks/leaves in the local woods/park, swimming, painting, crafting... the list is endless. Pinterest is a great source of information for that sort of thing

pinkblink Wed 29-Mar-17 21:52:17

My 2 year old loves crazy golf, bowling, our local pizza place does 'decorate your own pizza' which we enjoy too

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Apr-17 13:48:12

Take lots of pictures and put them in a scrapbook with other reminders of your trips (tickets, menus etc), then you can go through them with DS1 when you're recovering from your c-section, and talk about where you can take the new baby when you're up and about.

2014newme Wed 12-Apr-17 08:08:21

"mammy-son date" made me heave

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now