Talk

Advanced search

Edinburgh trip recommendations please

(3 Posts)
toothmonkey Wed 22-Mar-17 22:03:43

Hi guys

Going to Edinburgh this summer please can any locals point me in the right direction for the best charity shops or/and vintage shops. My teenage daughter is a vintage dresser and wants to make the most of the trip.

We went to Edinburgh last year (loved it) but couldn't find any charity shops and only 1 vintage (which was good but expensive).

Thank you in advance!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 22-Mar-17 22:34:01

If I'm honest Edinburgh isn't great for shopping in my opinion. You'd be better off taking a couple of days through in Glasgow for vintage shopping.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 22-Mar-17 22:36:22

In Glasgow there's a LOT of charity shops in the West End which is the studenty hipster area. There's a fair number of vintage shops as well including Starry Starry Night which is quite infamous. Sometimes Granny Would Be Proud market as well.

In City Centre there is also a smattering of vintage shops- Mr Ben's being the most well known.

If you time it well enough there is often vintage kilo sales in Glasgow and Edinburgh, if you google around you'll see if there's any dates coming up that coincide with your visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now