Talk

Advanced search

Special Greek restaurant in London

(9 Posts)
freethebiscuit Sat 18-Feb-17 13:14:58

Hi - not sure if I'm posting in the right place but hey ho. Does anybody have any good Greek restaurants they can recommend in London? I'm planning a hen do there and the bride would like a Greek meal (it will be a small party of us and not too wild) but am interested to see if anywhere has any extra wow factor (plate smashing maybe?) that will make it more out of the ordinary. Can Trip Advisor of course but keen on mnetters advice. We will be going to the theatre too (show not confirmed but assume somewhere in the west end to give an idea of location)

ThisIsNotARealAvo Sat 18-Feb-17 14:25:01

Does it have to be Greek? There's a Turkish place on st Christopher's place which is very close to bond st. tube. The food is really good, they make this amazing bread as well as pide and meze. If it's someone's birthday or hen they get the person dancing on their chair with a jangly scarf around their hips, and free shots. It's called Grand Bazaar

freethebiscuit Sat 18-Feb-17 16:51:42

I'll take a look at the menu ...the bride said Greek as in her words there are no good Greek restaurants near her but definitely worth a look - there are no decent Turkish restaurants near her either wink

Barbeasty Sun 19-Feb-17 19:41:34

No plate smashing, but we ate at The Real Greek yesterday and thought the food was good. It's near Leicester Square, so probably not a bad location for a show.

Bumpsadaisie Sun 19-Feb-17 19:43:02

Best is Lemonia on primrose hill. I had my hen night out there!

ByAllMeansMoveAtAGlacialPace Sun 19-Feb-17 19:53:42

Try the Elysee on Percy street, london. Also has a rooftop heated bar and Fridays and Saturdays have a DJ, plate smashing etc

butterfly990 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:38:42

not London but huge with all sorts of parties going on all at once.

www.thegreekvine.co.uk/

Rumdoodler1 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:40:56

I would second Lemonia
I haven't been for a long time but it was definitely the best Greek food I have had in London

freethebiscuit Sun 19-Feb-17 23:54:24

Thanks all. Plenty to look up now once we have our show sorted so can work around that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now