Talk

Advanced search

Facilities at Whipsnade zoo

(6 Posts)
nuggles Wed 15-Feb-17 17:42:37

I'm taking my 2 year old and 4 month old to Whipsnade tomorrow.

Anyone know what the baby change facilities are like? And if there are any breastfeeding rooms? Going with my dad and father in law and don't really want to feed in front of them if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

OpposableThumbs2 Wed 15-Feb-17 17:52:33

I'm pretty sure there are changing facilities in all of the toilets. No idea about anywhere private to feed, i just sat on a bench and ignored everyone else. You could could always leave your older one playing on the playground or looking at some animals with his grandads while you did a quiet corner.

Word of warning, it's kind of on the side of a hill and is quite exposed. It can get very cold and windy.

Also, it's very large. There is a bus but they make you fold your pram. Lots of older kids take scooters to get around.

nuggles Wed 15-Feb-17 19:52:06

Thanks for the tips! That's probably what I'll do, send the grandads off while I feed.

Will pack extra layers just in case it gets very windy and too cold.

Have no idea what to expect on the size of the zoo so must be huge if there's a bus that takes you round!

penguincrumble Wed 15-Feb-17 19:59:04

It all seems very far apart. If the baby cries you won't want to walk as far as an inside bit to fit. Yy to it being very windy. Make sure you and the baby are both wearing warm things for feeding outdoors. If it gets too cold for you all, head for the soft play and alternate with the amazing playground.

browneyesblue Wed 15-Feb-17 20:06:56

The soft play gets busy at weekends / holidays, so I'd recommend booking a time slot when you get there - the slots can fill up quickly. The butterfly house is also nice and warm, and is in the same building as the indoor picnic area.

GallivantingWildebeest Wed 15-Feb-17 20:12:32

You can take your car in - for more money - so you could feed there while the grandads take your older DC round?

Any reason you don't want to feed in front of them?

It's half term this week so may be heaving - soft play, anyway. You could feed outside at the sea lion show or bird show. I did that...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now