Talk

Advanced search

Chelsea flower show

(2 Posts)
hemel07 Sat 21-Jan-17 18:29:44

Has anyone ever been? How do you get tickets? Is it expensive? Do you have to dress up?! Its something I've always wanted to do, and I have a big birthday coming up this year so thought I might treat myself. Any advice/info would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

citykat Sun 05-Feb-17 15:04:26

NHS do tickets. National horticultural society. Dress is very mixed. I wouldn't wear jeans. Loafers and trousers and a shirt. Older ladies in florals dresses. Some men in blazers and Panama hats. Flat shoes, def not heels. Lots of lovely garden furniture, garden knick knacks, pictures of flowers, accessories with flowers on etc. So good shopping. It's all very naice. Show gardens- the ones you see on tv. Numerous food outlets- Pimms stalls etc. Quite pricey. Entertainment ( music). You sort of wander about looking at things, have lunch, buy bulbs and seeds ( I just get swept up in it even though I have small garden). There are all day and late afternoon only tickets available. Think all day is about £50/£60. You don't 'get' anything just entrance. I like it, live quite close. Hampton Court has a similar event. Hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now