Talk

Advanced search

Tips on visiting the Science Museum

(4 Posts)
FizzyBanger Thu 12-Jan-17 14:36:04

We're thinking of visiting the Science Museum in the February half term. Are there likely to be massive queues? Are any times busier than others? We'll probably be going on a Saturday. Many thanks for any help.

mouldycheesefan Fri 13-Jan-17 17:57:56

Yes there will be queues but they move quickly.
My top tips are check when you go in when the free shows and events are on and try to do those. Launchpad is an extra payment and has queues but if you are going for a couple hours the is enough to do with the free shows etc without that. Look out the highlights e. g moon rock.

FizzyBanger Fri 13-Jan-17 19:57:21

Thanks Mouldy.

noramum Sun 15-Jan-17 11:32:29

Be early and don't expect to see all of it. I agree with checking times in advance.

Don't eat there. It is very expensive. During the holidays they normally open the area where the schools can have their lunches so it is worth taking a packed lunch and just go for a cup of coffee and a piece of cake. Not sure but they may have lockers.

If I remember correctly there is an area in the basement with a water feature. Take a dry top for your kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now