Talk

Advanced search

HSBC Rugby 7s festival at Twickenham

(4 Posts)
maisybobbins Thu 12-Jan-17 12:23:20

Just wondering whether anyone went to this event last year and can tell me whether it's really kid friendly? We have DC aged 4 and 8. I think maybe they are too young to enjoy this but DH wants me to double check with you lot!

MrsBertMacklin Thu 12-Jan-17 12:30:33

I live near the stadium and have attended Sevens when I still had drinking stamina.

Rivers of body fluids from the stadium up to the town centre. Very popular as a student drinking event.

But it's a more controlled environment inside the stadium (still 'lively') and the organisers have been trying in recent years to rebrand it as a family event.

Anecdotally, I don't see many families going to it, but that's just my observation from walking into the town on the morning and seeing crowds coming out of the train station.

maisybobbins Thu 12-Jan-17 22:32:56

Hahaha thanks Mrsburt that's kind of how I imagined it! Not exactly carfest! Will release DH to go in his own if he wishes.

lovelyupnorth Mon 23-Jan-17 08:59:30

The 7s last year was a fantastic family event took my daughters. Going again this year. Loads of stuff for the kids todo if bored watching rugby. Was also a festival of food so all the stalls where really good.

As a bonus if you bank with HSBC you can get vouchers for food and drink.

My DDs really enjoyed getting autographs from all the players. And there where plenty of families having fun. Didn't see to many piss heads just the usual great rugby atmosphere. Can't wait till may.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now