Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for East Sussex

(11 Posts)
Tadpoletoatoad Tue 20-Dec-16 21:48:35

Looks like we are going to travel to see family between Xmas and New Year. This is already sounding stressful with a very elderly relative who has dementia and a house that my two children DD (6) and DS (4) can't even remotely relax in.
It's at least a 4 hour journey for us which we will aim to do in one.

So leave early morning, straight down with lunch in the car, something to blow off steam, visit relative, go to travelodge for the night. Next morning we aim to do something then see relative for late lunch before heading back for hours in the car.
We will stay in Tunbridge Wells and travel to Hurst Green down A21.

Any lovely ideas for things to do which might ease my pain? We are National Trust members so have looked at that. Don't really want to spend much either. fconfused

LIZS Tue 20-Dec-16 21:52:33

Wakehurst place, Standen, Chartwell, Bluebell Railway? Or walk from Upper Hartfield to Pooh Bridge.

Tadpoletoatoad Tue 20-Dec-16 22:02:01

Thank you, will look at all of those.

Anything Christmassy or will it all be gone by then?

verytiredmummy1 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:04:27

Tulleys farm

Friolero Tue 20-Dec-16 22:04:48

Bedgebury Pinetum nr Tunbridge Wells is nice if the weather's good (Forestry Commission place, great play trail, and there's a gruffalo sculpture).

bluehippo Tue 20-Dec-16 22:04:59

For lovely walks have a look at Bedgebury pinetum and Bewl water. Both on the A21 and I'm fairly sure you just pay to park. Both have play areas and cafes. Bedgebury is definitely open and, I think has a Gruffalo trail for little ones.

Anothernamechanger1 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:05:20

You can do Outdoors ice skating in Tunbridge wells.

bluehippo Tue 20-Dec-16 22:06:37

Cross post Frioleo!

LIZS Tue 20-Dec-16 22:10:21

Wakehurst has a lit walk in the grounds but may be booked up, Bluebell railway does a Santa train. Godstone Farm might be open.

Tadpoletoatoad Tue 20-Dec-16 23:36:21

Thank you all.
We've been to B

Tadpoletoatoad Tue 20-Dec-16 23:37:26

Argh!
We've been to Bedgebury before put didn't know about The Gruffalo, looks a good bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now