Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in west end Glasgow with a visiting 2 year old.

(9 Posts)
user1482089922 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:58:29

Hi, I'm on here to ask for advice on behalf of my brother who lives in west end. His ex partner has arrived over to visit with his 2 year old son and wondered if there are any suitable things to do for a timid 2&1/2 year old. Are there any parent and toddler groups or play opportunities in the area?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sun 18-Dec-16 20:15:18

Most things have wound down for Christmas to be honest. Is this a long term requirement or just for this week?

user1482089922 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:45:54

It's only for a few weeks but it will fall over the Christmas and new year period so I guess everything will be over until the schools go back.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sun 18-Dec-16 21:00:56

That's usually the case. There is still lots to do. Maybe enquire in Sea Woo if there's any community events on that might suit.

mamahibou Sun 18-Dec-16 21:03:06

Botanic Gardens
Kelvingrove Museum - dinosaurs, lots of space to run around
Kelvingrove Park - two good play parks
Riverside transport museum is a massive hit with toddlers and free.
Outside the Westend, and really not too far away...
ACross the water is the Science Centre which is also a great day out for wee ones.
Rubbish weather, again a walk across the water, is Wonder World Softplay always a hit.
The Ferry down the river to Braehead is fun for toddlers.
Cuningar Loop is a wonderful park to visit in the East End, car helpful. A great place for kids.
Rouken Glen Park on the south side, again needing a car, is brilliant for kids of this age. Very accessible playpark for them and a duck pond with a lovely cafe for lunch. And a garden centre filled with Christmas tack 2 year olds enjoy.

JustGettingStarted Sun 18-Dec-16 21:03:29

The Kelvingrove gallery and the Botanic Gardens are nice for little ones.

SwearyInn Sun 18-Dec-16 21:15:14

Science Centre. There's a fabulous play area for young kids.

ClarissaDarling Sun 18-Dec-16 21:22:02

Definitely kelvingrove, love there with the smalls!

user1482089922 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:26:33

Thankyou for all the suggestions and ideas. I'm sure they will really help. I will pass them on to my brother. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now