Talk

Advanced search

Something to do with 15month old...Notts/East Mids

(10 Posts)
Walnutshell Sat 17-Feb-07 08:18:57

Desperate for something different to do this weekend... Ds loves being outdoors... Considering White Post Farm but is he too young to appreciate??? Maybe we just need a half decent park. Bestwood Country Park on our doorstep but really fancy a change.

Help!

LIZS Sat 17-Feb-07 11:57:43

If you are members of NT Belton House is worth a visit - huge adventure playground with areas for younger and older kids plus a mini train ride.

penpal Sat 17-Feb-07 12:14:04

I don't think Belton House near Grantham is open until Easter. Why don't you try Ruddington Country Park. You can feed the ducks (fish), have a good long walk, there is a very good playground and Gibbies Wood with wood sculptures and a log maze, some activity on the steam railway at the weekends and uou can get a cup of tea/snack - and it's free!! Are you from NG2?

Walnutshell Sun 18-Feb-07 11:01:07

Thanks guys. Yes, members of NT - will consult handbook for opening times, Belton sounds great.
Not NG2, but NG6 (edge of Bestwood Village). Ruddington sounds worth a look too. (Yesterday went to local play park, today we're off again somewhere...)

colditz Sun 18-Feb-07 11:03:08

Melton Mowbray country park has really greedy ducks.

Walnutshell Sun 18-Feb-07 11:12:20

Moor Lake near us has the same. In fact they are rather intimidating, after chucking a couple of bits of bread, I'm outta there... The swans are the worst

lizandlulu Wed 21-Feb-07 17:47:17

there is also sherwood forest farm park. my 15 month old loves white post as she can touch the animals and its got a good play area. although i have to help her!! depends on where you are but also skegness nature land to see the seals. we went a few weeks ago and it was virtually empty as it was not the holiday season. aparently there is a farm park in one of the caravan parks too, but i dont know which one.

jujuthejetmum Mon 26-Feb-07 13:42:42

Walnutshell - try Sundown adventure land, Rampton, Notts for your 15m old but think he would also appreciate White Post.

jujuthejetmum Mon 26-Feb-07 13:45:26

Belton House playground and gardens are open but not the house

Walnutshell Mon 26-Feb-07 20:00:59

Thanks guys, all duly noted and shortlisted for this wkend. Quite looking forward to W/Post myself actually....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now