Afternoon tea for toddlers in London

(7 Posts)
Jellybluebean Sat 05-Nov-16 20:09:42

I thought it might be nice to take DH and DD (age 2) up to London for the day to see the Christmas lights and have a family day out. I'd like to treat them to a nice toddler friendly and fun afternoon tea somewhere. Any recommendations? Thanks.

RiverTam Sat 05-Nov-16 20:12:55

John Lewis. I really wouldn't take toddlers to a 'proper' afternoon tea place, if that's what you were thinking of. I know that if I was forking out for afternoon tea in Claridges I would not be best pleased if some toddlers rocked up!

DragonHorse Sat 05-Nov-16 20:13:16

Bill's is very family-friendly and does afternoon tea. There's one near Piccadilly I think.

Floggingmolly Sat 05-Nov-16 20:15:56

Afternoon tea is not toddler friendly. Anywhere.

NormHonal Sat 05-Nov-16 20:16:58

We took DC1 to London to see the Christmas lights at 2yo and had afternoon tea at the Savoy - was lovely, we were given a table tucked to one side, and the staff were lovely.

Momzilla82 Sat 05-Nov-16 20:17:02

Go to the national portrait gallery and sit in the cafe bit. Child friendly but not posh and great peytton and Byrne cakes

schoolsagainsw Sat 05-Nov-16 20:19:33

There's a really lovely ice cream parlour with tea options in Fortnum and Mason. I took my DS (3) and he adored it. Very child friendly, but special for adults too. The sundaes are amazing too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now