Talk

Advanced search

Clearwell, Puzzlewood, Perrygrove?

(5 Posts)
Epictantrum Tue 16-Aug-16 19:18:19

We're staying close by, kids are 7 and 4. Not sure we will have time/money/energy for all 3. Which would you recommend?

AlfrescoBalconyWanker Tue 16-Aug-16 19:34:43

Puzzlewood was fantastic - and once you've been you can't not see how often it's used to film Doctor Who and Merlin. Same for Clearwell - any BBC dank cave scene = Clearwell.

Clearwell was a very quick visit for us. Perrygrove is only really good if you have train fans otherwise it's a bit boring, but take up the time.

Have you been to Goodrich?

Epictantrum Tue 16-Aug-16 22:26:53

Thanks alfresco, so puzzlewood is a definite. No, haven't been to Goodrich, I will check it out too.

forestfairy2016 Wed 17-Aug-16 17:41:11

Perrygrove is the best by far. loads to do besides the trains. Treehouses and indoor village. make sure you do the treasure hunt as well. Puzzlewood and Clearwell both very good, but the caves a bit much for your 4 year old i would guess.

Epictantrum Fri 19-Aug-16 07:02:28

Thanks for the replies. We did puzzlewood, which we really enjoyed (adults too). We got the app, which was Ok, but kept freezing and didn't allow us to collect coins, just watched them spin, but ds was happy. I'm afraid we skipped perrygrove,, but went to Junior go ape and did part of the sculpture trail, which was good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now