Talk

Advanced search

Watford with teens

(10 Posts)
OpenMe Mon 15-Aug-16 14:05:13

A friend and I will be taking our DC (boys 16,15,13yo) to a sporting event in Watford. It's in the evening but as we're all off work/school all day thought we'd make a day of it.

We'll be on the train so it needs to be fairly central. What would you do with teens for a day out in Watford? Or, we'll be traveling through London, so the alternative would be to spend some time there, although all the boys have done most of the regular tourist things before.

OpenMe Mon 15-Aug-16 15:38:34

Or it could be something for them to go off and occupy themselves while we do our own thing?

NicknameUsed Mon 15-Aug-16 15:44:55

Harry Potter studios, although you would gave to prebook it.

onthemetro Mon 15-Aug-16 15:50:39

Top Golf is quite fun, although you'd have to get another train to Watford North from Watford Junction (or get a taxi, which I think would be a lot easier if you're not familiar with the area)

I really can't think of much else, apart from the Harry Potter studio tour and going shopping grin

user1465417128 Mon 15-Aug-16 15:50:39

Top Golf is a good time filler for a few hours, quite cheap too. They also have mini golf, and you can get lunch there too.
It's about 5-10 minute cab ride from the town centre/station.

OpenMe Mon 15-Aug-16 17:06:04

Top golf looks good and different to anything we have at home. Would it still be fun for the whole group if one of the boys is very good at sport and one is very bad? (coordination problems)

user1465417128 Mon 15-Aug-16 17:54:25

Yes I think that will still be fine, as some of the point scoring bunkers are very far forward (for those less able to hit far!) and it does have a bit of a 'hit and hope for the best' element as well!
Also a Laser Quest in the town centre as well.

user1465417128 Mon 15-Aug-16 17:54:44

Yes I think that will still be fine, as some of the point scoring bunkers are very far forward (for those less able to hit far!) and it does have a bit of a 'hit and hope for the best' element as well!
Also a Laser Quest in the town centre as well.

NeedAnotherGlass Mon 15-Aug-16 18:01:10

Trust me, you need absolutely no sporting ability to do top golf!
It's a lot of fun

OpenMe Mon 15-Aug-16 18:02:46

Sounds like a plan then, thank you. Will it be very busy because of school holidays?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now