Talk

Advanced search

Best bike trails in New Forest?

(10 Posts)
Blu Wed 20-Jul-16 19:48:47

Starting in the Beauliue area, or Lyndhurst?

Any places where you can cycle to a pub of café on a circular trail?

Particular sights not to miss?

Jenijena Wed 20-Jul-16 19:52:01

How long do you want to go for?

There's a bike hire place at brockenhurst station, so various things there.

Mountain biking, there's always various people at Fritham, but that's north of the forest. V nice pub there - only does ploughman lunches and good beer, but excellent examples of both.

Jenijena Wed 20-Jul-16 19:57:27

Also a good map here www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/new-forest-cycle-code.pdf/$FILE/new-forest-cycle-code.pdf
Which includes eating/drinking points.

There are many bikes around but my knowledge has got much more walk orientated since ds came along...

Blu Wed 20-Jul-16 21:23:30

That's great, JeniJena!
Probably about 3 or 4 hours, non strenuous pottering and off road.

Jenijena Wed 20-Jul-16 21:43:46

I'd definitely look at going to the Bolderwood area (toilets, ice cream van and deer sanctuary, though no big refreshment area) and also Wilverley plain. Lots of eating and drinking places around though, and even the roads aren't too bad as max 40mph due to the ponies. It's very set out for bikes smile

ggirl Wed 20-Jul-16 21:49:04

I live near Burley ...millions of cyclists around here..lots of good circular routes.

Blu Thu 21-Jul-16 08:21:06

Great! Looking forward to it.

headffirst Fri 22-Jul-16 11:49:52

I'd head for Bolderwood. A friend of mine told me about it on Teepee, my new fav recommendations app, when I was looking to organise a weekend away a couple of weeks back. We're far from professional cyclists but had a really fun time.

Blu Fri 22-Jul-16 12:55:31

Did you have your own bikes, headfirst, or did you hire? We can't fit bikes on our car so need to hire from a nearby place.

headffirst Fri 22-Jul-16 21:09:21

Had our own bikes so can't help you about bike hire, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now