Isle of Wight day out

(10 Posts)
RainDancer Thu 14-Jul-16 18:04:11

Hoping to go to the Isle of Wight for a day next week. Will be taking my mother, who can't really walk that far, and my 3 year old DD. Where is the best place to head for? Any particular attractions that would keep everyone happy?

AnecdotalEvidence Thu 14-Jul-16 19:36:18

Coleman's open farm.
I would have said Robin Hill but it's a lot of walking.
Coleman's is fabulous though.

BrieAndChilli Thu 14-Jul-16 19:42:06

Model village?

bastedyoungturkey Thu 14-Jul-16 19:45:53

anecdodalevidence sorry to hijack the thread but would you reccomend Robin Hill for under fours? DD will be 2 months off 4 when we go, so stil free but is there enough to amuse her or would we be better waiting til she's a bit older?

We've been going since I was a baby but I've never done robin hill. (Done Blackgang lots which DD loves and we'll do again but debating the joint ticket)

If the weather is good, I'd say head over to Shanklin for the beach and seafront amusements.

Themoleandcrew Thu 14-Jul-16 20:04:02

We did robin hill with our 4/3/1 year olds. They loved the play parks and the bird displays but there wasn't really enough there to stay the whole day. They got bored very quickly. We only went because we had the combined tickets with blackgang

AnecdotalEvidence Thu 14-Jul-16 21:18:16

I think mine were a bit older, maybe 5 or 6 when we went so possibly give it another year or two.

Caken Thu 14-Jul-16 21:22:43

I live on the IOW, Coleman's has now closed down unfortunately. Tapnell Farm is 'the' farm to go to now, a bit pricey but it's brilliant. It's only in the last 2 weeks fully opened. There's a lot to see and do on what isn't a big site at all, so not a huge amount of walking.

bastedyoungturkey Fri 15-Jul-16 13:13:12

Thank you all, think we'll stick with Blackgang til she's a bit bigger.

RainDancer Tue 19-Jul-16 20:30:19

Thanks for all your suggestions. We spent the whole day at Osborne House. Weather was lovely so spent lots of time on the glorious private beach. DD loved the 'treasure hunt' round the house and all the activities at the Swiss Cottage. A lovely time had by all!

Caken Tue 19-Jul-16 20:41:40

We love Osborne House, we have EH membership so go there and Carisbrooke Castle a fair bit. Glad you had a good time! Perfect place for such hot weather - not too busy and a private beach smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now