Talk

Advanced search

Ideas of things to do in London this week with two older children

(9 Posts)
potplant Wed 22-Jun-16 19:29:57

I'm taking my DCs down to London this weekend. We'll be there on Friday, Saturday coming back on Sunday. So far I've got
Friday show booked in the evening
Saturday evening we will be with friends
Sunday will be a lazy breakfast before we get the train back

They both want to go on the London Eye as they don't remember doing it when they were a lot younger
They've both been to London with school so have done the Tower, river cruise and Natural History museum a couple of times and they aren't keen to do them again.
They both want lunch in rainforest cafe (!).

I'm trying to find stuff that is not too kiddy for them, but pretty cool and interesting. I don't mind paying a bit but free is better.

All suggestions welcome.

Dozeynoo Wed 22-Jun-16 22:53:32

HMS Belfast? Lots of climbing up and down narrow ladders, squeezing round the boiler room etc. hand held audio tours. We went a couple of years ago and my boys loved it.

ThinkPinkStink Wed 22-Jun-16 22:55:53

This is supposed to be really good for 11ish year olds: www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/festivals-series/wondercrump

ThinkPinkStink Wed 22-Jun-16 22:56:35

Not free unfortch.

Otherwise when I was a kid my favourite place was the gem section of the Natural History Museum.

RitchyBestingFace Wed 22-Jun-16 22:57:21

How old are they?

- Take them to M&M world round the back of the Rainforest cafe - it's appalling, tacky, overpriced and a nightmare - IME all kids love it. You'll also walk through Chinatown on the way which is cool.

- HMS belfast is great

- If they are old enough the Wellcome Museum is much praised on here - not been - it is quite gory.

- Bond in Motion in Covent Garden is cool if they like cars or James Bond

DuchessofQuirm Wed 22-Jun-16 23:00:13

My 15 and 11 year olds are keen to do London Dungeon when we go in August . Not free but you can use Tesco vouchers to get tickets I think.

RitchyBestingFace Wed 22-Jun-16 23:05:29

All my teenage rellies want to go to the Apple Store as soon as they arrive.

RitchyBestingFace Wed 22-Jun-16 23:06:49

And Camden

franksidebottom Wed 22-Jun-16 23:25:44

Sky garden is great. It's free but you do need to book and print out tickets online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now