Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

beaches near Southend

(10 Posts)
Stars66 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:22:42

Hi, am thinking of a day trip near Southend (driveable in day from London).
Has anyone got any recommendations for a nice beach? I want somewhere dd can play and we can get fish and chips!

Thanks

Shinyshoes2 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:26:52

Walton on the Naze keeps getting recommended to me . I haven't been since I was little . Apprently it's nice but I don't think there's much there
Clacton has more to do but I'm not sure if the beach is nice and ... Kent has some Nice beaches . Again I haven't been to any so I'm not really any help am I

lightgreenglass Thu 16-Jun-16 22:34:07

A friend of mine really rate Botany Bay, it's in Kent if you're happy to drive.

Or someone else mentioned Tilbury to me.

EsmesBees Thu 16-Jun-16 22:34:10

Going back a few years now, but Leigh on Sea is nice and near Southend. Old fashioned fun- ice cream, cockles etc. The beaches round there are not up to much though. Mainly shingle.

mrspink27 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:37:42

Frinton?

Stars66 Thu 16-Jun-16 23:02:55

Thanks for these recommendations, will get googling!

JSSB Mon 20-Jun-16 04:41:06

Hi. I live in Southend. It depends what you are looking for. If you're looking for a nice beach with greeenery nearby try shoebury East beach. There's a nice play area for kids with a green so if tides in you can sit there. Also rock pools for little ones. Another recommendation is to drive to Southcgurch Park which is lovely and visit beach near there. Again gives you some green space to go to if tides in. Also a lovely cafe there called Ocean Beach. If want to go to Leigh on Sea my recommendation would be to drive to station pay for all day parking and walk from there as can see cockle sheds and walk through Ol Leigh. Can then go to Chalkwell Beach on coastal walk and catch train back one stop if don't fancy walk back. Hope this helps.

jenna951357 Tue 21-Jun-16 16:12:53

You can go to Leigh On Sea. Theres a nice amusement park as well where you can have lots of fun! Of course, theres a number of cafes and restaurants where you can relax and get some fish and chips. Additionally, you can take a long way down the pier, have some tea at the end and take the train back!

TheNaze73 Tue 21-Jun-16 16:16:09

I'm inevitably going to put forward the case for Walton In The Naze wink

Frinton is great too

viviantaylor666 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:13:03

I don't really like Southend, I would much rather recommend going to Brighton - the beach there is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now