Talk

Advanced search

Is there enough to do in Hove for a day?

(3 Posts)
SkaterGrrrrl Tue 24-May-16 09:34:46

Please help! I volunteer for a community group and we are taking a group of disabled adults to the seaside next month. Hove has been selected and now I'm to make it happen. Some if my group have mild learning disabilities and some have mobility problems. All they will want to do is see the sea, potter round some shops, eat fish and chips or pub lunch, another little potter then home. We'll be about 5 hours altogether and they can't move fast. I've looked at Gmaps and the promenade while lovely looks quiet. Please can you recommend me a spot / street where our minibus can leave us for a few hours? Few shops, restaurants and a disabled loo would be ideal! Thank you.

AgingJuvenileBinkyHuckaback Tue 24-May-16 15:48:56

Have you talked to the Hove Museum? I'm not a local but when we went with an autistic preteen it was very entertaining for all the family - I'd have thought it would be a good pick for a group of adults with LD and it's modern to have a good chance of being sufficiently adapted for your attendees' physical needs. It's a couple of roads back from the sea front - about ten minutes walk, and when we went it was very quiet. I think you could do pickup and drop off there with the minibus. They also have a decent cafe, although you might feel that fish and chips is a compulsory part of a seaside day out. I suggest giving them a bell (you wouldn't want to clash with a big school event and they might have good local suggestions for how to put a day together).

SkaterGrrrrl Tue 24-May-16 17:03:58

That's a great tip, I will do, thanks very much.

Keep them coming helpful people of Mumsnet! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now